Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 5/14/2008 8:25:49 AM EDT
Sorry if this is really a n00b question.

But I am thinking about ordering a Yugo SKS M59/66 and just found it its barrel is not chrome lined.

Is this the reason why the Yugo is cheaper to find than a Russian or Chinese version?

Anyways, does this make a big difference or not.  I am going to use this for a range gun and will be able to clean it pretty often, so my guess is that it will not matter.

But what say you all?
Link Posted: 5/14/2008 8:51:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Not a problem, they are cheaper because they are more available.  Russian & Chinese can no longer be imported, hence the higher prices.  

Get 'em while you can.  These will dry up eventually also.  

I got mine @ the funshow late 2006 for $89.  Little dishwasher time and some carb cleaner and it looks good.  

Link Posted: 6/5/2008 1:32:42 PM EDT
[#2]
A non-chromed bbl is just like any other commercial steel sporter bbl...you have to keep it clean and oiled, and if you use old or cheap surplus ammo that might be corrosive, you should clean it good two days in a row with windex and Hoppe's #9...other than that it should give you excellent service for a good long life.
Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top