Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 8/25/2003 2:33:27 PM EDT
I just picked up a SAR-2 from AIM. I wanted to see if it would be possible to find a non-folding krinkov style stock on the internet. K-VAR has regular folding stocks, but nothing pinned or welded permanently open.

Anybody have any sources for one of these? I am pretty sure I have seen them before, but it has been some time.
Link Posted: 8/25/2003 3:07:25 PM EDT
[#1]
FSE makes a one peice stock that is Krinkov "style".

I don't have a link, but I know someone here will.
Link Posted: 8/25/2003 3:36:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Here is the link to RPB, they sell that type of stock. I mounted mine on a MISR-90 with the slant cut and had to dremel it quite a bit, turned out ok, I did put bigger screws in it though. Had to redrill the holes any ways. This was not the typical job, it would have bolted straight in to my Saiga.

You have to excuse my MISR-90, it can't figure out if it's Euro or Chinese, the stocks are way different.

You should need the stock for the stamped Euro receiver.

http://www.rpbusa.net/index.html

Link Posted: 8/25/2003 4:17:38 PM EDT
[#3]
What does it say on the receiver? Should be easy to tell.  Unless I misunderstood what you are saying...
Link Posted: 8/25/2003 4:47:07 PM EDT
[#4]
I have the RPB FSE/Krinkov stocks with the grenade launcher rubber recoil pad on my SAR 1 and SAR 2 and love them both-gives the weapon a great feel, and my 14 yr old daughter is even comfortable shooting them.  Mine both bolted on and were a rock solid fit, and came with everything needed.  It was nice to buy a product that exceeded my expectations, as it happens so infrequently.  I was happy with the cheap RPB AK 74 mags also-
Link Posted: 8/25/2003 5:25:27 PM EDT
[#5]
I've got an extra that I've considered selling,it's like new and I'll sell it to you for 55.00 shipped.
Link Posted: 8/26/2003 2:39:26 PM EDT
[#6]
AJER,

A MISR-90 is a mix of a Chinese AK47 and an Egyptian AKM. The receiver is AKM, but the rear trunion turned out to be Chinese and the reciever was angle cut. The barrel is fit into the reciever with an adapter to make up for the difference between the two. Makes for a real Franken AK. Mine turned out ok but others haven't been so lucky (they can shhot themselves apart). CAI put them together quick to get past one of the bans, they came originally with the Bishop style thumbhole stock. When I bought the FSE stock I went with the Chinese angle cut stock (C2) but had to trim so much I should have went with the straight Euro model. Lesson learned, still a good AK and has tought me lots about the different models and smithing.

On a normal AK the FSE stock should be a bolt in. I like mine very much.

skx
Link Posted: 8/26/2003 3:23:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Here is a the FSE www.rpbusa.com post ban style stock on a SAR-2

Link Posted: 8/26/2003 5:58:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Stick with the RPB option. If you have a smith modify the receiver and pin/weld it using the real folder...it's going to cost you around $200 + parts for the job!
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top