Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/30/2006 2:32:29 PM EDT
Guys I have fire the ole Ma Duce before but can't for the life of me remember why you cycle the chargeing handle twice before fireing. I was asked this question and went brain dead. It was a familiarity training with uncle SAM when I got to fire about 100 rnds through one. But that was 1987 and too long ago for my blurred memory. Thanks WarDawg
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 3:41:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Maybe Im going senile but I thought you only cycle the MK19 twice before firing?
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 4:01:36 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Maybe Im going senile but I thought you only cycle the MK19 twice before firing?

the .50 is only cycled once,.and MK-19 is twice
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 4:13:51 PM EDT
[#3]
you cycle it twice only if you insert the belt through the side without lifting the feed tray cover.

MK19 you charge, load, dry fire, charge, fire
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 4:30:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks guys. While I don't actually remember cycleing the M2 when we fired them , I have seen alot of footage where they was cycled twice. I got to shoot it while in Germany with the 4/9th FA ( Pershing II ) . Like I siad it's been awhile and many many beers ago. LOL. Thanks again, Wardawg
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 5:56:47 PM EDT
[#5]
It is cycled twice.
Operator's manual
Machine guns, caliber .50; Browning, M2 heavy barrel

Army TM 9-1005-213-10
Marine Corps TM 02498A-10/1
Air Force TO 11W2-6-3-161
Navy SW361-AB-MMO-010

August '92 edition. With some changes from '95 I think.

Chapter 2-7 NORMAL OPERATION

Firing procedures

Note
Ensure bolt is forward.

1  Open machine gun cover and insert the double loop end of ammunition in feedway until first cartridge is held by belt holding pawls.

WARNING
Do not close cover when bolt is held rearward as damage may occur when bolt goes forward.

2  Close cover of machine gun.

NOTE
To half load the machine gun, complete step 3; to fully load the machine gun, repeat step 3 before moving on to step 4.

3  Pull retracting slide handle rearward, retracting the bolt all the way to the rear. Release the handle.

-Then a note about the bolt assembly either staying back or not depending if it's set on single shot or automatic-

4. Press the trigger to fire the machine gun.

Doesn't say why it works that way though.  It's probably in the FM for it's use.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top