Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 4/15/2006 3:35:47 PM EDT
Just finished a Romy build for a buddy of mine, and all is well, except when the bolt travels to the rear it does not lock the FCG into place for the next shot. You can push the hammer down manually and lock it in place, fire a round, it ejects, but the hammer then returns to the fired postion. This is a matching number kit, with an AG2 FCG. Suggestions...?
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 5:38:03 PM EDT
[#1]
notch the selector so it cant hold the disconnect down
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 9:18:32 PM EDT
[#2]

Did you remember to put the disconnector in? or do you have just the trigger in there.

If you put both in did you put the disconnector spring in under the disconnector or just the trigger and disconnector without a spring?

If you pop the cover, pull the trigger and hold, push the hammer down, does it lock onto the disconnector?  then let go the trigger does it pop forward and lock on the trigger hook?
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 4:13:57 AM EDT
[#3]
I've got all the parts installed, to include the spring, and the sleeve. Gotta go out and dink with it some more I guess....
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 9:26:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Make sure the hammer isn't installed backwards.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 7:22:44 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Just finished a Romy build for a buddy of mine, and all is well, except when the bolt travels to the rear it does not lock the FCG into place for the next shot. You can push the hammer down manually and lock it in place, fire a round, it ejects, but the hammer then returns to the fired postion. This is a matching number kit, with an AG2 FCG. Suggestions...?

Good thing you only tested with one round!

Link Posted: 4/18/2006 5:26:04 PM EDT
[#6]
OK, I sit here wearing my dunce cap. I'd feel better if this were my first build, but I've done a couple and still put the hammer in backwards. It just looks better my way.... I suppose if you ever want a gun to "runaway", you could roll the hammer over, but I would strongly advise against it.

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top