Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 1/18/2014 12:52:25 PM EDT
If I order NoDak's EZ receivers (pre-drilled holes), will there be any hole misalignment issue among different parts & origin countries?

or is it better to get receivers without pre-drilled holes?  Any experience on building with EZ receivers?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/18/2014 1:32:04 PM EDT
The trunnion rivet holes from one run to another are not the same even from the same country.
That is why I always get the receivers without rivet holes & drill my own to match the trunnions I'm working with.
Link Posted: 1/18/2014 2:25:22 PM EDT
Alright, thanks for the reply.

That's what I thought and then I was perplexed to see NoDak offering all pre-drilled receivers.

Link Posted: 1/18/2014 7:24:46 PM EDT
For what its worth, I got a Nodak PSL receiver last year. No problem with hole alignment.
Link Posted: 1/18/2014 8:28:49 PM EDT
I did a Bulgy 74 several weeks ago with a pre-drilled receiver and it worked fine.
Link Posted: 1/19/2014 5:40:34 AM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By finnfan:
I did a Bulgy 74 several weeks ago with a pre-drilled receiver and it worked fine.
View Quote

Bulgarian parts are pretty consistent so you have a better chance of them lining up. I tried two pre-drilled receivers for two Maadi kits and the holes were so off that I had to weld up the holes in the receivers and re-drill anyway.
Link Posted: 1/19/2014 9:23:49 PM EDT

I've built from both, and I've managed to make both types work.

If you have a nice drill press and vice, get one without the holes drilled yet.

Link Posted: 1/23/2014 4:24:27 AM EDT
I bought a Bulgy 74 kit with a Nodak predrilled receiver here a few months ago. I dropped it off at my builder, Beeville Armory, whom I trust to do things right. They called about a week later to inform me that only 4 holes actually lined up, three could be "egged" enough to work, and the rest had to be welded and redrilled. For the extra cost and frustration I would recommend that the home builder get an undrilled receiver and the proper tooling to locate the holes.
Link Posted: 1/24/2014 7:10:07 PM EDT
I've done several and no issues what so ever with alignment.
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 4:39:45 PM EDT
There are enough small variations that IMO the undrilled one is better.  But the variations are not huge and usually covered by the rivet.
Top Top