Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/18/2015 12:56:16 AM EDT
What does everyone use to help with target acquisition in low light situations?  I'm specifically looking for things like night sights as opposed to night vision.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 10:11:35 AM EDT
[#1]
The Russians and former Soviets have a wide variety of mil spec NV optics. Some of them are huge 80's era Gen 1 and Gen 2 models but there are a few new monocular style Gen 2+ on the market that are naturally much smaller. PN16K and PN21K come to mind.

There are a few Gen 1 civilian NV optics out there too so it depends on what you want Russian wise and what you're intended use is.

All this assumes your rifle has a side rail of course and if it does you can use a weaver or picattinny mount and use many kinds of Western optics as well. If it doesn't you can try the TWS rail or similar.

Example of PN16K with Rakurs-PM. Both are mounted on the NPZ side mount which is long enough to mount a wide variety of optics.

Personally I don't do much night shooting but I still really love the big honking 1PN34 and 1PN58. If SHTF I might be using something a little lighter of course.

Z
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 2:08:27 PM EDT
[#2]
I love the 1pn34 and 58

34 on the SVD, 58 on the AKM

Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top