Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/20/2004 4:28:01 AM EDT
Hey all..just picked up my first AK type rifle about three weeks ago. Shot for the first time last week..what a blast, love it. It is, however, a WASR 10 lo-cap. I know my question has been asked before but I gotta ask anyway. Is it only a case of widening the mag well to get this thing to accept hi-cap magazines. I've read and understand the US parts involved to keep it 100% legal. But is that the ONLY reason the US parts are needed?
The way it seems to me, widen the well and it'll work right? swap the part to keep the govt. happy. Thanks for any and all opinions.
BTW....The gun is a riot to shoot either way, and in NJ, the lo-cap may be the way to go anyway.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 4:52:06 AM EDT
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 4:38:35 PM EDT
Yes, if its an 03 or later model. They used the wider trunnion. Most lo-cap WASRs are already coming with US compliant parts, so check for the 'C' stamp.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 10:16:38 AM EDT
Thanks for the info. Guess I'll be leaving it the way it is for a while. I'll wind up bringing it to a gunsmith to make sure its all in compliance. Otherwise sell it or trade up in the future.
Top Top