Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
11/20/2019 5:07:11 PM
Posted: 4/14/2006 8:21:10 AM EST
I'm new to AK's and just got my first rifle. Its a russian AKM with the "arrow in triangle mark" (Izhevsk factory) on the left side of the receiver. Hope someone could help me with a few questions.

Between the Izhevsk factory mark and serial number are the numbers "1965", what does this mean? Also, what is the lever on the right side of the rear sight for? How about the holes in the buttstock with the spring loaded trap door, what is stored inside? Mine has a spring inside and have no idea what its for.

My apologies for the many questions. Thank you in advance.

Frontsight
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 8:33:37 AM EST
I am Beting that 1965 is the date is was made, the rest im not 100 Percent sure about, some one else is most likeling going to chim in.

-Troy
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 8:42:05 AM EST
[Last Edit: 4/14/2006 8:42:53 AM EST by rickinvegas]

Originally Posted By Solid-State:
I am Beting that 1965 is the date is was made, the rest im not 100 Percent sure about, some one else is most likeling going to chim in.

-Troy

An Izzy stamped receivered gun built in 1965? I don't think so.

Are you sure the stampings aren't on the trunion and not the receiver?
If the receiver is marked, you have a Saiga conversion. Nice gun.

BTW, the trap door is for the cleaning kit.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 8:58:25 AM EST
Rick,

Im not sure if the its the trunion thats marked.

The markings are located under the front bottom edge of the top cover and above the two rivets on the forward most part of the receiver.

Its marked this way:

"arrow in triangle mark" 1965 CR5413

Thanks

Frontsight
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 9:04:09 AM EST

Originally Posted By Frontsight:
Rick,

Im not sure if the its the trunion thats marked.

The markings are located under the front bottom edge of the top cover and above the two rivets on the forward most part of the receiver.

Its marked this way:

"arrow in triangle mark" 1965 CR5413

Thanks

Frontsight

Yes, thats the trunion
Are there any marking on the receiver? If not, it sounds like it's a kit build (PLO Capture maybe) on a homebuilt flat. Either way, it sounds cool. Got a pic?
Top Top