Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 2/5/2006 6:39:58 AM EDT
I am pleased to inform the members of this discussion board that the Kentucky Regulators Gun Club will be hosting a Military Weapons Match. The range is NRA affiliated and insured. We will be firing into berms at 100 and 200 yards with the belt fed/Full auto weapons. Targets will be any old house appliances that we can rummage up. We will set up closer targets for the subguns and handguns. We are also planning on having a "silent moment" around the break for lunch. This will allow for suppressed fire only. A 300 meter berm will allow for precision fire. Any NFA weapon will be allowed. We will try to set up an area for private/individual sale/trade of items. No dealer sales, Please.
We are initially going to ask some shooters to bring a "crock pot" of food for the lunch break. Hopefully, we will accumulate enough grub for a decent lunch break. We want this gathering to be more than a mere opportunity to shoot. We hope this grows into an event where we can share ideas, swap items and fellowship and get to know the other shooters. Plan on staying for the day.
This gathering will occur on the LAST Saturday monthly.
The range is located @ 15 miles South of Paducah. The physical address is:
10401 Hopewell Road
Boaz, KY. 42027
You can do a web-based search for detailed driving directions.
You folks with the NFA items remember to arrange and posse the proper paper work.
The firing line is in front of a large covered farm building that will allow for some protection from the weather. At present we have @ 75 foot for the line and we think that 7-8 lanes will be manageable. Multiple shooters may fire at the same time in the same lane. We will not be able to turn the line complete loose. We do not have an adequate backstop like the Knob Creek range. We will have to monitor the firing line for any unsafe actions. The biggest concern that we have is getting some rounds off of the gun club's property onto adjoining property. If this event is accepted and grows, an additional 50-60 feet of firing line could be cleared. If we have a large turnout, we might have to shoot in relays. We will be open to suggestions and we will make every attempt to make this an enjoyable shoot.
I will be more than willing to answer any of your questions. My contact info is :
[email protected]
(270) 658-3247 Home
(270) 705-2605 Cell
Fees are: $20 non club members / $15 paid members

Club Membership Dues - $50 / year

Thanks,we hope to see you soon.
Drover

Link Posted: 2/5/2006 8:01:56 AM EDT
[#1]
A great place to shoot.  400 meter rifle range!!
Glad to see you made it here Drover!

We might need more tannerite next shoot!!

KyARGuy
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 5:59:26 PM EDT
[#2]
From the private e-mails and telephone conversations, I believe we are going to have a great turn out for the shoot on the last Saturday of this month. I hope the weather is agreable.
Drover
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top