Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 3/20/2006 6:08:43 PM EDT
I bought Arsenal SLR 105 with neutered FSB (un-neutered - 24mm threads).  It looks like Arsenal just cut the threads on a lathe.  Has anyone tried to install a 22mm flash hider on their 105 ban model?  Do you think it will work?
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 6:12:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Measure your rifle on the area where they milled down the threads on the FSB and see if it is at least 22mm.  If it is I don't see why not, but you will have to find a 22mm threading die, I've seen them advertised but never in stock though there are places that will make you one.  Let us know if it works.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 6:23:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Mak, Thanks!!!  My calipers are in english.  I measured 0.865".  If my math is right, 0.865" X 25.4mm = 21.971.  That is close.  In therory it should work.  Now if I can find a 22mm die.  Hey, Thanks for your expertise!!  Anybody have a 22mm die they would let me borrow?
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 6:46:10 PM EDT
[#3]
I wonder how much metal they left in thickness on the part of the FSB that they milled down though.  It might be easier to just replace the FSB with the correct one.  K-VAR is out of them though.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 7:05:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Mak, You are probably right . Although there seems to be enough meat left; approx . 5mm.  Can you recommend smith that would swap FSB.  I have extra one but I think the neutered one is pressed on.  Not sure if I can get it off without having proper tools / hydralic press.  I bet it is a real bugger.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 7:13:30 PM EDT
[#5]
I couldn't get mine off as I don't have a press.  Depends on what state you are in but here is a list of good smiths.

ak47.net/forums/topic.html?b=4&f=93&t=71039

AK-USA
AZ Expert Arms
Red Stick Firearms
Coyote Gulch Armory
The Firing Line
Global Military Gunsmithing
Sledgehammer Arms
Investment Grade Firearms
Krebs Custom
Marshall Arms
mcarms.com
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 7:29:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Mak, Thanks again!!!  
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top