Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
11/22/2017 10:05:29 PM
Posted: 8/4/2004 2:58:47 AM EST
[Last Edit: 8/4/2004 5:13:49 PM EST by archer2]
I have a MAADI MISR 90. Great deal, great shape, good fit, etc..........despite being a MISR 90

I am assembling the required parts to get rid of the thumbhole stock and turn it back to the traditional AK configuration. Pistol grip, US FCG, SS gas piston, etc

Here is my problem and I hope someone can steer me in the right direction. The reciever is a slant cut, stamped reciever. The tang is on the top of the reciever, and the back of the reciever is closed. How do I get this reciever to accept a traditional butt stock?

I havent looked at it closely yet, just enough to know that from what i've seen of traditional butt stocks, they won't fit my reciever......

What now?

archer2
Link Posted: 8/4/2004 9:01:49 AM EST
There are slant cut stocks available, but it might be easier and cheaper to simply cut the stock and reshape it yourself. That is what I did with mine.
Link Posted: 8/4/2004 9:30:10 AM EST
Jeepcreep and Stickman,

It's a MAADI MISR 90 imported by CAI.

It had a thumbhole stock on it. When I took it off this morning, I found that the back of the reciever was closed, with a tang on the top. It has a slant cut reciever, but that doesn't bother me in the least....I can trim a stock to fit that.....I just don't know what to do about the closed back. I'm at work now, will try and post a picture tonight.

Thanks for the reply

Jim
Link Posted: 8/4/2004 5:12:48 PM EST
[Last Edit: 8/5/2004 3:10:43 AM EST by archer2]
Here are some pics of what I'm talking about.....

What can I do??
Link Posted: 8/4/2004 5:25:05 PM EST
Link Posted: 8/4/2004 7:00:22 PM EST
Like JeepCreep said, I think IronWood is the only current maker of those stocks. Which brings me back to....cut it yourself!!
Link Posted: 8/6/2004 4:28:38 PM EST
Dremel and Cutting wheel.
Link Posted: 8/6/2004 10:04:57 PM EST
MISR-90 rifles were not imported they were assembled right here in the USA by Century Arms International. The only part imported by CAI was the Maadi receiver.
In April,1994 President Clinton sent a letter to the import branch of the BATF telling them to ban the import of all Chinese guns and ammo,which they did. The 1000's of MAK-90 rifles that had not cleared customs when the ban went into effect were disassembled and the receivers were distroyed. All the parts from each rifle were sold as a kit and sales were really,really slow as there were no receivers being made here or imported.
A couple of years later CAI imported a buttload of Maadi receivers and they bought a bunch of the MAK-90 kits. They sleeved the smaller diameter MAK-90 barrel shanks to fit the larger diameter hole in the trunion of the Maadi receivers and assembled MISR-90 rifles.
Maadi receiver + MAK-90 parts kit = MISR-90
They cut and welded up the rear of the recievers of the rifles. The receiver,trunions,trigger guard,and mag catch are Maadi. All the rest of the parts are Chinese.
The most cost effective and easiest option in my opinion is to put a Choate Draganov stock on it and enjoy shooting it. The Choate stock is very comfortable and a drop in instalation.

archer2,
Could you send me pics of the markings on your MISR-90 rifle to use on the Egyptian Rifles page of my web pages? Can I use the pics of your receiver that you posted here?
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/jfreeman246/page_4.htm
Link Posted: 8/9/2004 7:32:53 AM EST
[Last Edit: 8/9/2004 7:33:53 AM EST by archer2]

***UPDATE***

Well, I worked on it over the weekend and now I have the plate out and the reciever looks normal! The plate was almost 1/4" thick! It was held on by a weld under the tang that went almost side to side. About wore out my dremel cutting it out but the results are excellent! Now all I have to do is find a buttstock.........

Thanks for the prior info

archer2

JA545 I'll try and get you some pictures of the markings ............
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 5:06:11 PM EST
So what did you do?

Planning on doing the same with my MISR-90. Ironwood looks like the direction I'm going.

Link Posted: 10/7/2004 3:20:33 PM EST
tagged
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 6:04:38 PM EST
Originally Posted By archer2:
***UPDATE***

Well, I worked on it over the weekend and now I have the plate out and the reciever looks normal! The plate was almost 1/4" thick! It was held on by a weld under the tang that went almost side to side. About wore out my dremel cutting it out but the results are excellent! Now all I have to do is find a buttstock.........

Thanks for the prior info have-J-

Top Top