Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 4/13/2006 2:36:25 PM EDT
Alright, so I moved a while ago, got stuck doing other things and now that its nice out I want to start shooting again.

Problem is, I lost a bunch of parts for my Bulgy AK-74 parts kit. My understanding is these are also very rare and I don't think I want to screw it up being it would be my first AK build.

Looks like I'm missing the rear turion, entire trigger group, and tirgger gaurd.

So is there anyone to send these off to, IIRC OhioRapidfire used to to parts builds, do they still do such services? What would/should having it built run me for (including the new parts I need and the required legal bits (gas piston+pistol grip?).

Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 4:09:05 PM EDT
[#1]
You have most of what you need - I don't see a rear trunnion or trigger group.  Most good smiths can deal with this :)
And of course - you need a receiver.

For minimum pain & screwing around?  Ohio Rapid Fire would be a very good choice.  They can handle the whole deal - including the right receiver (you want a Global Trades 1mm if you can get it - an OOW will do as a second choice).

Or?  If you get totally disgusted with the whole thing & want to sell those parts?  Contact [email protected] :)  Bad me - gotta try :)
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 6:11:09 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a rear turnion for $20 shipped. As for the trigger group you dont really need that as to make the gun 922 compliant you will need a US made trigger group.

IM me if you want the turnion.
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top