Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/19/2005 7:56:08 PM EDT
I have a Romanian SAR-1 that needs to have the barrel threaded and US made slant brake installed.
I will provide the slant brake.

I also have an SAR-2 that needs to have the 22mm threaded front sight base installed.
I have already removed the old front sight base, and will provide the new threaded FSB.

Who do you guys recommend that I send the barreled receivers to in order to get the work done.
Reading some of the horror stories about gunsmiths that receive people's rifles and never return them or their money, has me a little nervous.  I am not looking for the cheapest guy around. I prefer someone that does good work, is good at communication, and has a decent turnaround time. ( 2-4 weeks).

Who do you guys think would be best?

Please let me know.

Thanks,
Snerd

Link Posted: 9/19/2005 9:58:35 PM EDT
[#1]
I do not know about their present turnaround time but these guys are worth the wait:

Troy at INRANGE C2 and
Chris at AKUSA.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 12:18:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Troy Sellers is the go to man.  His site is Inrange C2.
Good Luck,
Sparky1
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 1:57:01 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Troy Sellers is the go to man.  His site is Inrange C2.
Good Luck,
Sparky1

+1 for Troy Sellars.He's up around the Pigeon Forge area,where in TN are you?
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 4:20:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Chris at AK-USA will do the work. Turn around time is pretty quick.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 4:25:45 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I do not know about their present turnaround time but these guys are worth the wait:

Troy at INRANGE C2 and
Chris at AKUSA.

+1 for In Range - he does excellent work
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 5:01:16 AM EDT
[#6]
Troy at InRange does great work. Have one with him right now.....Ive heard great things by Chris also... WarDawg
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 5:33:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Chris at AK-USA
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 5:45:06 AM EDT
[#8]
Troy Sellars at InRange......
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 8:41:23 AM EDT
[#9]
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top