Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 6/4/2008 2:44:53 PM EDT
So, I am wanting to put an ACE folder on my MISR S/A and I'm not sure if I should put the no mod stock, or the cut the tang off stock on it.

I'm don't want to destroy any of it's value, and someday I may want to restore it to original, but I do want to make it as compact and sturdy as possible.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 3:33:13 PM EDT
[#1]
I'd cut the tang off, but thats just me.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 11:25:12 PM EDT
[#2]
are they sturdier? I am not super aware of the benefits
The Ace tech guy is just like, "yea, whatever you wanna do" not to helpful...
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 1:57:31 PM EDT
[#3]
I wouldn't modify the AK - leave the tang. I have a Maadi MISR and a Maadi S/A - I have an ACE folder on the S/A and had no problems installing it and no problems using it.

Link Posted: 6/5/2008 2:20:53 PM EDT
[#4]
i wouldnt cut the maadi.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 6:36:58 PM EDT
[#5]
You should restore the maadi and get a WASR to cut the tang off of. I think the ace folders with the tang look like dog vomit.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 7:49:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Please don't cut the only true Russian clones imported to accommodate an aftermarket stock set. It's blasphemy. Buy a WASR and do that shit.  

RR
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 7:53:21 PM EDT
[#7]
I would go with an ACE stock for sure but I would not cut the tang off of that rifle personaly.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top