Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/22/2005 1:42:01 AM EDT
Hi,
I have a preban Norinco Polytech AKS 7.62x39. It's the Bakelite sidefolder type. I was told it takes a Generation III bayonet. Does anyone know if this is correct and or where I could find one? Any help would be much appreciated!

-John
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 10:51:56 AM EDT
[#1]
No bayonet experts out here?

Somebody has to know..............

-John
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 12:33:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 9:42:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Any Chinese with or without the wire cutter will work. The 1st type wont. others are about identical.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 9:58:44 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Any Chinese with or without the wire cutter will work. The 1st type wont. others are about identical.

I know very little about the AK bayonets, I bought one on ebay and it doesn't click in like an AR bayonet. I may have a rifle that doesn't except a bayonet, I have heard there are several preban configured rifles that had the bayonet lugs milled off. (even though the guy that sold it to me said it took a bayonet) Give me a few days and I'll post pictures of the rifle and bayonet...

Thanks,
-John
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 4:15:09 PM EDT
[#5]
That will help............
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 6:43:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Nevermind......I figured it out!

Thanks for the help though! I now know which one will fit. Now I just have to find one.

-John
Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top