Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/27/2014 7:42:48 PM EDT
This is being offered to me in a potential trade and I'm seeking rare/hard to find AKs for personal reasons. what can you tell me about the rifle and its scarcity?  Thank you, Photos:

Link Posted: 1/27/2014 7:48:38 PM EDT
[#1]
It's a milled Arsenal SAS M7 Classic, says right on the gun. New from Atlantic for $2500. If I felt like looking I could find it cheaper

Link Posted: 1/27/2014 7:50:26 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

It's a milled Arsenal SAS M7 Classic, says right on the gun. New from Atlantic for $2500. If I felt like looking I could find it cheaper  
View Quote

Are you a wizard?

Link Posted: 1/27/2014 7:53:31 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Are you a wizard?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Are you a wizard?

Apparently I am

Link Posted: 1/27/2014 7:57:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Apparently I am  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are you a wizard?

Apparently I am  

Atlantic doesn't have any. In fact, nobody has had any in the primary market for years.

ETA: OP, pm me
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 7:59:53 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Atlantic doesn't have any. In fact, nobody has had any in the primary market for years.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Are you a wizard?

Apparently I am  

Local shop had one about two weeks ago. Granted it was used, but they are out there and way less than $2500
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 8:01:24 PM EDT
[#6]
As stated above, it's an Arsenal SAS M-7 Classic, which is a Type 3 clone of the AKK/AKKS. Key features are the thicker barrel and 45 degree gas block. Its basically a Bulgarian T3 underfolder built on a US-made receiver, which is the same spec as the original receivers made my Arsenal of Bulgaria. Its a high quality beautiful rifle and worth about $2k new. The only things that ever prevented me from buying one in the past was the price and the fact that I prefer a Bulgarian-made receiver. Many prefer to convert an SA93 to a T3.
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 8:03:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Very nice Arsenal, high quality, limited production. The fixed stock classics are harder to find currently as the folder's production run was more recent. At any rate they are out of production, maybe Arsenal will build more, maybe not; they were VERY expensive when last available. You can find them new on GB with prices in the $2K+ range. Simply no one else is building/importing a milled type 3 AK like those anymore. Only other option for a similar AK is a kit build (used parts) or a Polytech legend or a Arsenal SA93 conversion/debanning.

What are they trying to trade it for?

ETA: I'd say if you find one under $2K it's plain luck; $1500 = buy it now
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 8:05:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Nice rifle, go for it. You will be happy with an Arsenal
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 8:05:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Gunbroker is asking $2k+ but the last one that actually sold went for $1699. Base your decision off sold prices, not asked prices that didn't sell and were relisted 10 times

Link Posted: 1/27/2014 8:13:00 PM EDT
[#10]
This is my trade listing: my trade offering

Quoted:
Very nice Arsenal, high quality, limited production. The fixed stock classics are harder to find currently as the folder's production run was more recent. At any rate they are out of production, maybe Arsenal will build more, maybe not; they were VERY expensive when last available. You can find them new on GB with prices in the $2K+ range. Simply no one else is building/importing a milled type 3 AK like those anymore. Only other option for a similar AK is a kit build (used parts) or a Polytech legend or a Arsenal SA93 conversion/debanning.

View Quote

Link Posted: 1/27/2014 8:15:49 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

What's the gun you're giving for the Arsenal?
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 8:21:55 PM EDT
[#12]
There is more than one gun involved.  This would include a Polytech Legend, which I'm examining pics of atm..

Quoted:

[div style='text-indent: 20px;']What's the gun you're giving for the Arsenal?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

[div style='text-indent: 20px;']What's the gun you're giving for the Arsenal?

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top