Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/1/2005 5:41:04 PM EDT
Can someone point me in the right direction? I need a new barrel pin (don't ask) for my build.

The only place I've seen them is Global, and I can't seem to figure out how to order from them.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:48:21 PM EDT
[#1]
I think k-var has them.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 7:04:54 PM EDT
[#2]
call the number and tell them the part number.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 7:21:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Joe, you can also use a cut off peice of drill bit shank of the correct size... Easy and must likely cheaper...
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 5:46:27 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
call the number and tell them the part number.

That's so simple.... it just might work.

A drill bit you say.... I like it!
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 5:27:32 PM EDT
[#5]
which side does the pin come out from?  I want to start banging on my polish kit, but am not sure which side needs to be whacked on.  do i lay it down ejection port side up and whack from there or no?
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 9:33:05 AM EDT
[#6]
I've driven mine out from left to right. That's the side opposite the safety. Use Kroil.  It works. And no, I don't sell the stuff.  I just found that it works on stubborn bolts and stuff.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 2:55:34 PM EDT
[#7]
GlobalTrades has the AK47 pin as part no. B-715 at 1.35"x.277" for $3.99 FYI
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 1:16:06 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
GlobalTrades has the AK47 pin as part no. B-715 at 1.35"x.277" for $3.99 FYI

Yup, and you'll be using the real thing...

Global has both the shorter pins (Bulgarian AK-74, Romanian AIM, etc.) and the longer (MAK-90) pins...

Forrest

Link Posted: 9/6/2005 6:54:52 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
The only place I've seen them is Global,

$4 plus the shipping is about 5 drill bit shanks. My AK isn't about building the perfectly authentic "as Boris did it" rifle. Mine's the "I build what I need" gun.

Anyone know what size diameter drill bit I need to acquire for a Romy AK?
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 8:07:06 AM EDT
[#10]
You should be able to use a 7mm drill bit.  If you can't find metric you can drill out the hole and barrel with 5/16" cobalt bit.  Make sure to check headspace if you do this.  

I would go with the real barrel pin.  Your time has to be worth somethin.  I did and bought extras.  You can always use extra stuff
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top