Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
11/22/2017 10:05:29 PM
Posted: 10/1/2004 5:40:45 PM EST
I am looking to buy a AK-74 before The Brady Bunch bans them again. Thought about a kit, but that seems to be too much dicking around.
Found a nice one on Atlantic Firearms for around $600, but they won't reveal the manufacturer, looked at the ORF rifle and they are nice but pricey. Thought about the SEAK but I hate that stock.
Anybody have any suggestions for a nice Bulgarian 74 rifle for under $500??????
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 5:51:35 PM EST
Also, are Vector Arms rifles any good???
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 5:57:19 PM EST
I too would like to know the origin of the Atlantic 74.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 5:58:34 PM EST
Get a orf you wont be sorry..
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 5:59:35 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/1/2004 6:00:22 PM EST by repub18]
hey guys the $679 AK74 is a ORF build, look at the url

www.atlanticfirearms.com/AK74OHIO.jpg
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 6:34:10 PM EST
The URL I take to mean that this one is built with an Ohio Ordinance Receiver. Anybody know for sure?
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 6:56:12 PM EST
did you call Blaine and ask him what it is?
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 1:45:18 AM EST
I emailed him and they would not reveal the maker. Probably lost a sale because of this!!!
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 3:21:07 AM EST
I was so impressed with my first SEAK from ORF that I ordered 2 more... Don't like the stock? Swap it out like I did, I installed Romy folders on mine.
Tomac
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 5:34:07 AM EST
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 11:10:12 AM EST
Why does Joeken, and FAC sell Rapid Fire for $500, but when I called ORF they wanted $700?? I even asked if they had any specials for LEO and they said they get $700 for all of them.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 11:14:52 AM EST

Originally Posted By so2315:
Why does Joeken, and FAC sell Rapid Fire for $500, but when I called ORF they wanted $700?? I even asked if they had any specials for LEO and they said they get $700 for all of them.

I was wondering the same thing
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 11:20:39 AM EST
Maybe Todd@ORF can help us out. I would write the check today if I could get a plain jane AK-74 for $550!!!
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 11:27:45 AM EST

Originally Posted By so2315:
Maybe Todd@ORF can help us out. I would write the check today if I could get a plain jane AK-74 for $550!!!

call him up

www.ohiorapidfire.com
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 4:36:51 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/2/2004 4:37:49 PM EST by jor-el]
In one of the other threads he answered this question. Those contract builds use century parts. The Name brand uses RSA (Red Star Arms) parts, probably FCG, Gas Piston, etc. If you can tolerate such parts, by all means.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 5:13:39 PM EST
I'm just wondering, do you LEO guys think that your money spends better than us average Joe's money does? Also, I haven't seen any LEOs carry any AK style rifle so what difference does it make? Pay up like the rest of us.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 5:27:10 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/2/2004 5:27:50 PM EST by so2315]

Originally Posted By twistedcomrade:
I'm just wondering, do you LEO guys think that your money spends better than us average Joe's money does? Also, I haven't seen any LEOs carry any AK style rifle so what difference does it make? Pay up like the rest of us.

Us LEO guys use these as tools of the trade, a business expense so to speak. And when you (meaning taxpayer) expect us to live on a small pittance of a salary, and go to great lengths to protect you (meaning taxpayer) and be willing to give up a life or take one.
I just think it is absurd that there is such an anti-leo sentiment on this board.
Oh well, I have had the luxury of enjoying my $825 Colt LE6920 for the last year. Only reason I bought that was I got bored with my Bushmaster M-4 14.5 LEO rifle and all of the dirt cheap LEO mags you are all trying to buy now!!!!
So anyway twisted, get a life!!
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 6:09:11 PM EST

where did that come from?
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 6:23:17 PM EST
From me.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 6:39:45 PM EST
Hey SO2315, your exactly what our forfathers feared. I could really care less what you've enjoyed for the last however many years. I'm an Air Traffic Control Communications Technician (RADAR and COMM). If I don't do my job right, then the folks in Air Taffic can't do their job right, so get off your public service soap box. Oh yeah, you can keep your little piss ant paycheck, that's probably why you need the discount. Hope have fun tonight at the convenience store on your second job.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 7:05:28 PM EST

Hey SO2315, your exactly what our forfathers feared. I could really care less what you've enjoyed for the last however many years. I'm an Air Traffic Control Communications Technician (RADAR and COMM). If I don't do my job right, then the folks in Air Taffic can't do their job right, so get off your public service soap box. Oh yeah, you can keep your little piss ant paycheck, that's probably why you need the discount. Hope have fun tonight at the convenience store on your second job.

harsh
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 7:38:50 PM EST

I think somebody’s jealous!

Ray
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 8:27:35 PM EST
Sheees.....I got thrown out of that other place for a lot less than this. But then again, it wasn't an LEO I argued with, it was the moderator. (You know.... one of those college boy, know it all, high horse, civil engineer wimps that probably talks with a whisp! )
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 1:46:06 AM EST

LOL!!! Sounds like you are jealous!!! MAybe you should go through 14 weeks of academy training and learn how to do a real mans job!
And yes I have seen some of the Air Traffic Control people. They look like they came straight from the Hobbits!!! Man you don't need to tell me anymore, I have heard enough from you.
I can see why your not a cop, you couldn't pass the spelling portion on the written test!!!
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 5:57:39 AM EST
I've got an ORF. The fit and finish are excellent. It fires absolutely every damned time you press the trigger. 2.5" @ 100 yards every time with of-the-shelf Barnaul. Aside from that, it sucks.

SD
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 8:13:19 AM EST
Let me throw an olive branch out here, I shouldn't post after 7 beers. I will say that if had a gun business, be it sales or manufacturing, everyone would be treated the same. Twelve weeks of academy training, how about you try thirteen weeks of Marine Corps boot camp. Sorry, that one I couldn't resist.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 9:03:30 AM EST
[Last Edit: 10/3/2004 11:07:51 AM EST by jor-el]
Air traffic controllers. Ahhhh... High stress, work in the dark, thankless job, behave like they have coffee for blood, and Reagan shitcanned a bunch for threatening to strike. Friends with two before I became a LEO. But that still doesn't explain YOU, twisted. Please explain that comment from left field. At least I pointed out the source of the price difference between the contract vendors and ORF marked 74s. As for the LEO discount angle, it's simple. Many LEO agencies option personally owned firearms because the agency can't afford to put them up themselves. LEOs now have another job expense, though it's deductible. Since many LEOs have wives and children (and dogs, too), as well as mortgages and car payments, they generally try to stretch the paycheck. There are businesses that understand this and offer discounts. Not all do, so many ask. If not, no biggie. Post 9/11, many places around here take care of us, FFs, and military (you mean, you don't have NGs in battle dress with Berettas and M16A2s patrolling your city?) but NYC is a special case. BTW, when was the last time 60 ATCs were killed in the same place on the same day because they did their jobs(23 city, 37 Port Authority LEOs)? Did you help look for them while the demolished buildings they were buried under was still burning? Did you help pull them out of the rubble, or what was left of them? Did you go to their funerals? Talk to their children or families?
Do you pull people off of bridges to keep them from jumping because they think they have no reason to live? Do you pull girls out of the river who couldn't take a breakup from their mongoloid boyfriends? Do you bandage four year olds struck by a car because the driver couldn't be bothered to observe the "Children at Play" sign and slow the fuck down?
What do you do?
Sorry, channeling agent Smith. I feel much better now.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 9:42:09 AM EST
[Last Edit: 10/3/2004 9:49:08 AM EST by jor-el]
Resistance is not futile. Sorry about the hijack. Have you considered BIY?
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 10:43:24 AM EST
The only thing I have to say about being a LEO is this: How many times have you gone to someone's house at 2AM and knocked on the door, and was greeted by a friendly face that looked like family? Knowing full well that they don't have a clue why your there, and you know they have lost a son or a daughter. Now, us LEO'S took this job to "help make it a better place", but when you go to someones house and tell them a child was just killed it is a whole different job.
I hate having to do this, and have done it many times in my 15 year career. If you have ever had to do this you know what I am talking about. When we do this you should have to pay me an exhorberant amount of money. Actually, There isn't enough money in this world to make me want to go and do this.
I tell you this: It is tougher than any academy, boot camp, or anything else you want to think of.
So anyway, until you have done this personally you have a rather "cush" job directing flights!

Olive Branch accepted, now lets get on with talking about AK-74's. After all we are a brotherhood on this board and should support everybody in their endeavors!
Top Top