Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 8/23/2005 6:56:21 PM EDT
I am a Charge Nurse (male) at a level 2 trauma center ER, one of my fellow Charge nurses was diagnosised with a brain tumor last Thursday and was flown to the University of Texas Cancer Institute in Houston Texas on Sunday.  They did surgery today and she is in ICU.  Here is the deal, she is a fan of Dwight Yoakum and I am trying to find out how to get a autographed picture of him for her or if somehow he could contact her. I tried his fan club last night no help.  Does anyone out there know how to help.  Also for all law enforcement officers and fellow team members, she would love to get cards or visits.  Even with the surgery she may only live 4 to 18 months.  If any of you can help, please IM me for her name etc.
Thanks to everyone who read this, and please pray for her.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 7:28:49 PM EDT
[#1]
BTT.  I am very sorry to hear about your friend.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 11:59:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Good luck to her and you in your search, and best wishes.  I don't know how to help, other to suggest maybe looking online for a signed picture.  My heart goes out to her and her family.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 2:07:04 AM EDT
[#3]
God Bless your friend.
She is in my prayers.

Max
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 7:41:31 PM EDT
[#4]
YOAKUM,Dwight,1250 6th St. #401,Santa Monica,CA,90401-1638
Yoakum,Dwight@0498,6363 Sunset Blvd #800,Los Angeles,CA,90028

Don't know how old those are. Copies off some megalist she uses.

She is an autograph collector and is on the phone right now. I'll have her help when she is through. We'll see what we can do. She has several websites to get addresses. Best method is to mail whatever you want signed, usually a publicity photo, to each address you can find and enclose a large SASE, and cardboard. Handwrite your letter, no MSword. Don't get too mushy. Pretty much do all you can to minimize the star's job down to simply scribbling their name, although assistants will do all the packing and mailing, and they may just have a stack already signed. A lot don't sign, period! And I here Dwight might be in this group. She gets photos on the cheap from someplace, but I don't know where. She looses more photos than she gets back.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 8:06:01 PM EDT
[#5]
She said that the two above would be the most current, but send one to any address you can find. She tells me that most now use preprints or autopens and that your chance of getting a real autograph are about 10%, and about 30% of getting a PP/AP and about 60% of getting nothing.

Two last tips, try his website for an autograph address and find out what venue he is going to be at and send a photo to that venue to arrive before him, In C/O of him. Sometimes they sign a few before they perform.

Bottom Line: Best bet is to ebay.

Good Luck, and best to your friend.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top