Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 3/15/2005 11:03:53 AM EDT
Does this bother any Norinco owners in the U.S.A?
Click here for the story...
http://www.worldtribune.com/worldtribune/05/breaking2453445.0395833333.html

www.worldtribune.com/worldtribune/05/breaking2453445.0395833333.html
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 11:14:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Considering that my Norincos are both over 10 years old, no, it doesn't bother me.
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 11:19:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Guns are inanimate objects.

Do you own any WWII German or Russian milsurps? Do you approve of the actions of those governments?

Who cares?
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 11:19:39 AM EDT
[#3]
I never really though about it before, I like AK's, hell, I like guns in general. This story just rubbed me the wrong way. I always knew they were a bunch of commies and I could let that lie just because they are 2000 miles away and generally don't piss us off too often. But those slimy bastards are starting to get really bold & to hear that NORINCO is now selling nukes to the enemies of the united states and training terrorist states, that's the last time I buy anything from them.
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 11:24:48 AM EDT
[#4]
This can't be used as an argument, because the funds spent on those items is not dorectly going to fund terrorist training in said country, when you purchase a NORINCO on the other hand the money is directly supporting these types of things. If I purchase some old world war II stuff that money does not find it's way back to Adolf Hitler or internment camps like it does with the Chinese stuff.
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 11:28:58 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
This can't be used as an argument, because the funds spent on those items is not dorectly going to fund terrorist training in said country, when you purchase a NORINCO on the other hand the money is directly supporting these types of things. If I purchase some old world war II stuff that money does not find it's way back to Adolf Hitler or internment camps like it does with the Chinese stuff.

If we're talking about Norinco AK's, no, the money is NOT going to the Chicoms, since they are no longer being imported.

ETA: Ever bought anything at Wal-Mart? Does it bother you that your $2.50 soap dish purchase is supporting the Chinese government?

I'll say it again, guns are inanimate objects. The type of goods being peddled by the Chicoms to support their questionable foreign policy is irrelevant.
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 11:43:10 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Correct, when you buy a used 10+ year old Norinco AK the money is not directly going to fund terrorist training in said country. End of argument. I wonder how many newer Chinese manufactured items we would find in your house.
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 11:44:14 AM EDT
[#7]
ETA: Ever bought anything at Wal-Mart? Does it bother you that your $2.50 soap dish purchase is supporting the Chinese government?

I'll say it again, guns are inanimate objects. The type of goods being peddled by the Chicoms to support their questionable foreign policy is irrelevant.

Yes, it does bother me & whenever I have a choice, I don't purchase items made in China. Problem is that it's becoming increasing dificult to find anything that is'nt made there. I'm glad the NORINCO stuff is banned from import. We shouldn't be supporting them. No doubt that the Ak is a fine sporting rifle. If I was buying another I would try to find a good American manufacturer. (hopefully not all the parts were made in China)
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 11:47:29 AM EDT
[#8]
If you really want to be a good American, stop buying AKs altogether and start buying ARs.
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 11:48:47 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
If you really want to be a good American, stop buying AKs altogether and start buying ARs. hr

I agree completely, (not to bash any AK owners in there own forum)
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 11:49:50 AM EDT
[#10]
And I don't buy Heinz ketchup either...
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 12:33:49 PM EDT
[#11]
The United States is the #1 exporter of military arms in the world so I think it would be hiprocritical for me to tell Norinco and China how and to whom they should or shouldn't be selling weapons too as long as its not chemical, nuclear or biological warheads.
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 12:58:52 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
The United States is the #1 exporter of military arms in the world so I think it would be hiprocritical for me to tell Norinco and China how and to whom they should or shouldn't be selling weapons too as long as its not chemical, nuclear or biological warheads.

That's the point, they ARE selling Nuclear and Biological weapons to our countrys' enemies. Besides, it's not hypocritical for me to look out for my countries national security. That's the typical liberal "Hate America" attitude. Just because we're the largest world power should not preclude us from using our might or influence when it's necessary.

What's in our interests are un-armed enemies, what's in China's interest is a weaker America with well armed enemies, and while all that's going on we just keep buying up their Sh*# as fast as they can make it.
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 1:09:19 PM EDT
[#13]
We don't know what Norinco is shipping.  Nuclear materails doesn't equal a nuclear warhead.

The thing is Iran will get the nuclear material from someone.  That is why the United States and Europe have to convince the leadership in Iran to give up the nuclear program voluntarily.

Its not a "Hate America" attitude.  Your attitude is the typical paranoid attitude that China, Iran, North Korea and all the other "bad guys" are out to destroy America and that every military technology that they acquire is done so in preperation of an attack on the United States.

You talk about America's national security in relation to China selling techology to Iran.  How do you think Iran feels about the United States invading Iraq and Afghanistan?  Or giving Isael billions of dollars every year in military aid? Or calling Iran part of the "Axis of Evil"?  Maybe...just maybe they are worried about THEIR national security and are taking steps to protect it.

Or is the United States the only country and that can take steps to ensure national security?

Link Posted: 3/15/2005 4:25:03 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:
If you really want to be a good American, stop buying AKs altogether and start buying ARs.

I agree completely, (not to bash any AK owners in there own forum)

So I can own a jamm-O-matic?
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 4:56:37 PM EDT
[#15]
Screw Norinco.  This aint the first dirty deal they've been in on, and it damn sure won't be the last.
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 7:33:26 PM EDT
[#16]

And I don't buy Heinz ketchup either...

I'm glad I'm not the only one too, fuck terasa and her big ass mouth!!!!
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 8:26:33 PM EDT
[#17]
Glad to hear there's another one like me out there. That John Kerry would have been the closest thing to a chi-com that we'd ever had in office. I hope Heinz (the company) is suffering a little bit.
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 8:58:21 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Glad to hear there's another one like me out there. That John Kerry would have been the closest thing to a chi-com that we'd ever had in office. I hope Heinz (the company) is suffering a little bit.

Hmmm, and it doesn't bother you that Haliburton has had business deals with the Iranians or that we sold the Iranians weapons during Iran/Contra???  Look, there are people everywhere in the world who have shady business deals with our enemies including right here in the good ole USA. It's a fact.
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 2:59:35 AM EDT
[#19]
on the side discussion I submit this

I do try to avoid chinese crap though, and have never been a fan of them blatantly violating patents and copyrights. Something norinco does like mad
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 6:36:16 AM EDT
[#20]

Hmmm, and it doesn't bother you that Haliburton has had business deals with the Iranians or that we sold the Iranians weapons during Iran/Contra???  Look, there are people everywhere in the world who have shady business deals with our enemies including right here in the good ole USA. It's a fact.

Looks like I found another liberal on the board. I'm really surprized you are here. I didn't think libby's liked guns. Anyway that Haliburton comment is straight out of the DNC handbook. You have to know your history grasshopper before you try to argue these points with me. Haliburton is an incredible company that consistantly creates engineering wonders around the world. Employing some of the greatest minds in the world, including at one time Dick Cheney. The business dealings of that company in places like the Middle East and South America have always produced two things. 1. Profit for the USA (which I know you libbys hate) and 2. A mirror of our foreign policy at the time.

Our government has supported Saddam when it siuted our interests and when we no longer needed him, took over his country. Same with Iran/Contra. Reagan wanted to fight commies in south america, Libby's wouldn't have it, we sold weapons to Israel, who sold them to Iran to help bleed Iran /Iraq who were in a war fighting between themselves. BRILLIANT! America wins all the way around. The only one's who had a problem with this was the Pinko Libby's in congress because Regan didn't get a permission slip. Plus they were protecting the commies in the south. Anyway, we're getting waaaay off subject but if anyone else wants to debate how America should quit being a leader and line up behind the rest of the world, lets start a new forum and bring it on...

U.S.A. FIRST!
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 6:46:21 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 7:36:40 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
www.fdigraphics.com/images/commie.jpg

Is there some kind of point you're trying to make with this picture? If there is, I don't get it.

Here's one for you:

Link Posted: 3/16/2005 7:54:10 AM EDT
[#23]
Yep everyone that questions America's foriegn policy is a liberal.  Its clear that any further arguments with you will be a complete waste of time.

I don't even know why I post in these topics, they are a complete waste of time and are barely related with anything to do with firearms.

Link Posted: 3/16/2005 10:14:59 AM EDT
[#24]
Sounds like he's just a .

And an embarrassment to the AR side.
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 10:39:55 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Looks like I found another liberal on the board. I'm really surprized you are here. I didn't think libby's liked guns. Anyway that Haliburton comment is straight out of the DNC handbook. You have to know your history grasshopper before you try to argue these points with me. Haliburton is an incredible company that consistantly creates engineering wonders around the world. Employing some of the greatest minds in the world, including at one time Dick Cheney. The business dealings of that company in places like the Middle East and South America have always produced two things. 1. Profit for the USA (which I know you libbys hate) and 2. A mirror of our foreign policy at the time.

Our government has supported Saddam when it siuted our interests and when we no longer needed him, took over his country. Same with Iran/Contra. Reagan wanted to fight commies in south america, Libby's wouldn't have it, we sold weapons to Israel, who sold them to Iran to help bleed Iran /Iraq who were in a war fighting between themselves. BRILLIANT! America wins all the way around. The only one's who had a problem with this was the Pinko Libby's in congress because Regan didn't get a permission slip. Plus they were protecting the commies in the south. Anyway, we're getting waaaay off subject but if anyone else wants to debate how America should quit being a leader and line up behind the rest of the world, lets start a new forum and bring it on...

U.S.A. FIRST!

Libbys, libbys, libbys, commies, commies, commies, blah, blah, blah. Get a life.  Do you have any those little "Made in China" American flags on your car?  
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 3:34:42 PM EDT
[#26]
Doesn't bother me a single bit.  They make great stuff.
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 3:41:26 PM EDT
[#27]
Waste of board space
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top