Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 12/29/2005 5:07:06 PM EDT
I recently got one of these rifles and want some info on the thread protector/muzzle nut.
I'm guessing it was installed for a importation shortcut. The spring loaded detent pin won't budge and the thing seems like it's attached really well. I can see threads in there just crying out to be free. Any information on this would help me out.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 5:38:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Is it welded.  I've heard of them putting the piece of rod (not an actual spring loaded detent pin) in some rifles and the only way to get then off is to cut the muzzle nut off and then drive the FSB pin out or drill it.  The detent pin replacement may have be jammed in with the cross pin driven in.  This would explain your not getting it to move.  If it does have a spring though,  then try to get the detent pin to move back with a punch.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 3:15:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the reply. What a shame to do that to that poor rifle.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 3:39:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top