Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 5/9/2004 3:49:37 PM EDT
Picked up a new unfired NHM-91 in trade from Rapid Fire.

Going for this look:

My neighbor (atb1) is doing the stock modifications for me.  Here's a shot of the buttstock:

Link Posted: 5/9/2004 4:14:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Cool... I picked up a NHM-91 from a user here and have yet to do much with it. Looks good.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 4:27:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 1:16:38 AM EDT
[#3]
No bulges on this project.

KF
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 1:20:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Great project KF!Have you located a Yugo pistol grip or can you get an original out of Iraq?
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 3:00:10 AM EDT
[#5]
So are the Tabuk "sniper" rifles, if you want to call them that chambered in 7.62 x 39?
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 6:22:07 AM EDT
[#6]
There was a Yugo pistol grip on ebay a few days ago, might want to check there.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 6:41:32 AM EDT
[#7]
You can get a US made yugo style grip from ACE.  Are you gonna do the 3 slot handguards?
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 7:09:11 AM EDT
[#8]
Great tip on the yugo style pistol grip.  Will check there today.

Yes, looking at modifying the front end.  Was initially thinking I would fabricate new wood versus trying to locate a yugo set.  Will look at moving the upper handguard retainer forward on the gas tube, so a longer piece of wood will fit.  This should allow for the three slot appearance.  Going to look at the lower handguard retainer to see if I can move it forward also to accomodate a longer handguard.

Anyone have a line on a chinese front sight base like the one in the photo?

KF
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 10:59:21 AM EDT
[#9]
That is one cool project. Be sure to post some photos when you get it completed.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top