Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 6/3/2003 6:58:25 PM EDT
Got my new SAR 2 last week - stripped the wood and refinished it over the weekend - came out NICE! Putting it together to take out for the first time and the upper handguard snapped as I was attaching it it the metal. It just snapped as I was putting it on - no excess force or anything. If anyone happens to have a Romanian "take off" upper guard they'd like to sell,please drop me an email.  There goes my plans for the weekend..........    
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 12:52:24 PM EDT
[#1]
It was probably cracked to begin with. get one here www.globaltrades.com look under stocks on the left. $11.99 & $3.99 THE MIDDLE ONE IS SOLD OUT. Also make sure you still have the clip from your old one, if not they have those too B-276 $3.99-- just scroll down the page.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 1:11:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Next time buy an AR
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 11:13:31 PM EDT
[#3]
If you wanted to fix it you could go to:
Parallax's Curio and Relic Firearms Forums. Scroll down to the C&R stock cleaning one of the mods. is Cabinetman. I think he goes by Rome on Falfiles. He has done several posts on stock repair from minor to major damage.
I used his advice to repair the forend of my garand that had four separate cracks as long as five inches and not one is now visible.
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 3:18:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top