Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/18/2006 2:20:46 PM EDT
ok build an amd 65 kit, home bent receiver used. the first round chambers and fires fine. the second one coming out of the mag will not feed. the bolt goes to close and the round gets stuck under it.  aftering tinkering with it, if i held down the top cover really harfd while firing, the gun would cycle. so this leads me to beleive that the bolt carrier is a little to high on the recevier rails? am i correct? also then, how do i remedy the problem? hammer down the receiver rails a bit to make the carrier a tad bit lower? anyone?? thanks mike d
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 3:06:06 PM EDT
[#1]
I'd try tapping the rails down a tad
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 11:35:12 AM EDT
[#2]
I've had the same thing, if I cycled the bolt it LOOKED like it was hitting the cartridge right, but in action it would skip over the round, or jam the round, I removed the selector stop, ground it down way thin, probably took .035-.045 off, worked 100% afterwards. I've done this to several recent builds (my jig must be slightly off) they all work perfect afterwards.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 11:42:21 AM EDT
[#3]
selector stop? as in whats under the trigger gaurd? the thing that the 4 rivets go thru? mike
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top