Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 10/28/2006 9:00:41 AM EDT
I went to the gunshow today and made a small purchase. I have been reading a lot of good things about the .308 Saigas. So....I took the plunge today. I got a long barrel .308, two extra mags and two battle packs of South African 7.62 X 51 ammo. The rifle cost $330 plus tax. The extra mags were $36 each and the ammo was $29 for each battle pack. The 16 inch .308 Saigas were $310. Now I have to decide whether or not to do a pistol grip conversion. I haven't fired this rifle yet but the trigger is awesome. I would guess 3.5 - 4 lbs trigger pull.
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 9:40:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Let us know how it shoots.

My buddy has a 7.62x39 that shoots really well. I have a 20ga and sold off a 12ga.
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 9:53:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Cool! Nice looking Saiga.

A friend of mine had a .308 Saiga with the wood stockset, it was a good shooter. Unfortunately, he sold it to buy a Remington 30'06 semi because of some negative comments from the local Fudd Snobs when he took it hunting. The Remington isn't any lighter or more accurate and you have to remove the barrel (using tools) to clean it. Gunsmith recommended to perform cleaning.

One big advantage to doing the pistol grip conversion is that it shortens the overall length by about 2".
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 11:25:04 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Cool! Nice looking Saiga.

A friend of mine had a .308 Saiga with the wood stockset, it was a good shooter. Unfortunately, he sold it to buy a Remington 30'06 semi because of some negative comments from the local Fudd Snobs when he took it hunting. The Remington isn't any lighter or more accurate and you have to remove the barrel (using tools) to clean it. Gunsmith recommended to perform cleaning.

One big advantage to doing the pistol grip conversion is that it shortens the overall length by about 2".

which model remington is this?
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 11:52:19 AM EDT
[#4]
i dont see why there is so much hate for saigas... are they poorly built or something?
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 12:05:18 PM EDT
[#5]
no saigas are very good rifles....you just get alot of redneck remarks or alot of computer ninja commandos who think they know everything there is to know about handguns and rifles....usually and for the most part they dont know dick
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 1:12:50 PM EDT
[#6]
height=8
Quoted:
[...] I haven't fired this rifle yet but the trigger is awesome. I would guess 3.5 - 4 lbs trigger pull.
i42.photobucket.com/albums/e350/mbmphoto/Saiga308b.jpg

Saiga 308 probably has the best "stock" triggers compared to all the other saigas, because Izhmash actually did not use an additional linkage to extend the trigger for the stock.  Whereas, if you look at the other saigas, Izhmash moved the trigger back, and connected the trigger to the disconnector with a lever.

Of course, if you do the pistol grip conversion, you can put the very best American AK trigger on it :)
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top