Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Krinkov
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/24/2006 2:49:38 PM EDT
Ok, I got it today, and haven't fired it yet, so here is my review upon inspection...

HOLY SHIT THIS GUN IS BEAUTIFUL!!!

It is THE sexiest rifle I have EVER SEEN.

I sent it in the last week of December, and have it back already! Troy's communication was fantastic, and his work was phenomenal. He even accommodated my relocation deadline with WEEKS to spare!
What really surprised me was that he not only SBR'd my gun, but he fixed some problems from whomever built the rifle originally, and all for MUCH less than I expected. I would have happily paid over twice as much for this level of workmanship.
If I can ever afford another high-end AK project, he'll be getting my business even if a competitor quotes me less.

In light of the other thread about an unsatisfactory build experience, I thought I'd publicly laud Troy's workmanship and service.

Thanks again, Troy! The gun ROCKS. I'll post a range review when I get some rounds through it.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 3:35:05 PM EDT
[#1]
As with many other pics i have seen of Troy's work, your krink looks very nice. The "all black" look is cool too. Im sure when you hit the range you will turn heads with it.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 3:38:00 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Ok, I got it today, and haven't fired it yet, so here is my review upon inspection...

If I can ever afford another high-end AK project, he'll be getting my business even if a competitor quotes me less.

In light of the other thread about an unsatisfactory build experience, I thought I'd publicly laud Troy's workmanship and service.

Thanks again, Troy! The gun ROCKS. I'll post a range review when I get some rounds through it.

Let's hope that you feel the same way about Inrange after you fire a few mags through it.

Link Posted: 1/24/2006 3:56:13 PM EDT
[#3]
I currently have six In Range built AKs with three more at the shop,never had the first problem.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 4:04:12 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Let's hope that you feel the same way about Inrange after you fire a few mags through it.

He said it testfired fine, so I'm not anticipating any problems... Stay tuned for range report.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 4:51:18 AM EDT
[#5]
It was just some minor adjusting, a small repair. That is why the turn around was so quick.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 6:43:04 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
It was just some minor adjusting, a small repair. That is why the turn around was so quick.

SSH! I'm trying to drum up business!!!

Well, not that you're not swamped as it is...

Thanks for the great work, anyway! I shot 60rds through it today. It ran like a dream! A real torture test comes this weekend!
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 2:29:53 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 3:24:55 AM EDT
[#8]
That is a beautiful Krink, please share the details on the build.  It would be great to hear about the kit, receiver, grips...well, pretty much everything.  Thanks for sharing the pics and the post.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 1:51:11 PM EDT
[#9]
What type of grips are those?
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 3:57:30 PM EDT
[#10]
It wasn't a "build" per se. I bought it from a dealer on GunBroker. It had horrible wood grips and a fake can pinned on. Also, the stock was pinned open at one point to make it postban compliant, and was thus missing the pinned spring on the stock latch. The receiver hole for the latch was too small as well and prevented the latch from moving at all, except a blow from a mallet.

I bought the handguards from autoburst.net They're $175.00 + shipping. They're awesome HGs, rock hard and take heat VERY well. I got the barrel nut and krink FH from K-Var. The mags were part of a 4-piece set that came in a OD pouch complete with stripper clips and a guide. I got them for about $30.00 from ORH online.

Before:

After:

There's a video of me bumping it that I'll post once I get it cleaned up.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 3:01:56 PM EDT
[#11]
And another with a new Samco grip installed

Link Posted: 1/30/2006 3:58:01 PM EDT
[#12]
It's a beaut' all right. How do you like the new grip? I'm thinking of building a clone of yours, but I'm not sure about that grip. Looks a bit Sci-Fi, no? All this *after* I move out of California later this month.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 4:53:40 PM EDT
[#13]
I beg you...........

Put the AK Pistol Grip back on! Please!
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 11:18:37 AM EDT
[#14]
Nice!  can't wait to get mine.  
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 1:36:45 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I beg you...........

Put the AK Pistol Grip back on! Please!

The grip is SO much better and your finger indexes the trigger more easily with this new grip. I do like the old style as well, but this one was WELL worth the 20 bucks.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 10:17:42 PM EDT
[#16]
Let's say I wanted to build one like yours. Could I use a regular receiver made from a blank and some USA made parts and end up with what you have? The barrel would be a big issue. Don't know where to get it without spending $500+ Dollars. Ideas?
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 11:51:35 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Let's say I wanted to build one like yours. Could I use a regular receiver made from a blank and some USA made parts and end up with what you have? The barrel would be a big issue. Don't know where to get it without spending $500+ Dollars. Ideas?

Your best bet would be to get a kit from K-Var and have it built up on a regular AK-74 receiver. If you want an SBR, you need to make sure your future state allows them.
I believe the K-Var kits are $700.00 now. There are some built up krinks online for around $1,000 give or take. I got mine as a full gun with a fake can from GunBroker, so I paid a little more than I should have, but that was during the Krink parts dry spell, so I was desperate.

I don't know about meeting your $500.00 limit, though. Some parts are krink-specific, and are hard to find outside of a parts kit.

The handguards are from autoburst.net and retail for $175.00 + shipping.

Troy at InRange would be able to steer you in the right direction if you want the specifics.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 8:18:15 PM EDT
[#18]
How do you think this receiver would work for a Krink?

www.firinglineoklahoma.com/pages/2/index.htm
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 8:59:40 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

It works great.  In the stickied Krink pic thread you can see officer960's.  Mine should arrive in a few weeks and I'll be sure to get some pics up.  To me, there's something extra cool in a milled receiver Krink.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 12:45:57 AM EDT
[#20]
Very very nice blaster, I really like the front muzzle comp.  SWEET...
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 1:22:24 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It works great.  In the stickied Krink pic thread you can see officer960's.  Mine should arrive in a few weeks and I'll be sure to get some pics up.  To me, there's something extra cool in a milled receiver Krink.

Outstanding. Thanks! Now to make plans... :)
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:50:24 PM EDT
[#22]
Why did you opt for the black handguards?  They look very good but is there any other reason?  I myself really like the Russian laminate but that is just my personal opinion...

Spooky
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 8:00:46 PM EDT
[#23]
The handguards that came with the rifle were horribly finished, so I swapped them out with the autoburst set. I like the look, and plan on refinishing the old ones.

I've never seen these in any pics, so I decided to be original. I opted for the smooth design, because the railed guards were blocky, and didn't have a rail on top for an optic.
Page AK-47 » Krinkov
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top