Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 4/7/2006 8:58:56 PM EDT
Finished painting and assembling my current build: the E.U.F.  (Evil UnderFolder)

Romy barrel and Yugo UF assembly.

Rustoleum textured black spray paint preheated to 200 and then baked at 300 for one hour.

Tapco receiver flat, Tapco G2 FCG, Tapco handguard and Tapco SAW grip.  

As you can see I haven't been able to slide the cleaning rod all the way in. It hangs up about .125" before it catches.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 9:09:25 PM EDT
[#1]
You know, I'm not much for the Tapco stuff, but that underfolder looks really good!  Not at all "gawdy."  Very clean and rugged looking.  Great job!
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 11:21:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Looks good.  Did you have to shim between the rear UF trunnion and the receiver?
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 11:54:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Looks awesome
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 2:40:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Looks great. How durable do you think that finish will be?
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 6:26:51 AM EDT
[#5]
looks great . how do magazine catch work ?
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 6:35:18 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
looks great . how do magazine catch work ?

You can see the mag catch isn't fully engaged.  It just barely grabs the mag, I will need to trim it.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 6:37:27 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Looks good.  Did you have to shim between the rear UF trunnion and the receiver?

Yeah, let me post the pics from the start of this build:

I had a sheet of metal laying in the garage, it ended up working perfectly.

I spotwelded the shims using the rear trunion holes Tapco had cut into their flats :laughing:

Link Posted: 4/8/2006 6:41:44 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Looks great. How durable do you think that finish will be?

The finish feels VERY tough, at least now it does.  Hopefully it will stand up to a decent level of abuse.  

I will report back after this rifle has ridden around in my truck with me for a few weeks and see how well the finish holds up.

One thing I like about this Rustoleum textured paint is that you can easily touch up a scratched part.  I had to do that because I dropped the receiver/barrel when I was fumbling with it trying to get it in the oven.  It gouged the paint pretty good on the receiver, I baked it like that, then came back and roughed up that spot and painted over it, baked it again and no one will be able to tell.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top