Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 12/11/2003 12:41:40 PM EDT
O.K. I got what I was thinking is a SAR-1 but It is a converted WASR-10..(The box said SAR-1 even) anyway, I need to fix the canted front sight...

The way I understand it is that the bbl is not threaded, so can I just try to grind down the weld and heat up the muzzel device and pull it off? (anyone try this?)

Is there anywhere that I can buy a new front sight in case I mess this up?...( I have access to a mill, if worse comes to worse)

I have had a thing for A.K. all of the sudden, now Im going to have to go out and buy a SAR-1, but I really wanted to go for a SAR-2 next...O-well, I guess it will be O.K. soon..

Thanks for any help...and I guess Im now one of those Commie gun owners that I used to talk trash about...
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 8:17:36 PM EDT
[#1]
 Havn't done anything yet, have you?
 Is the sight drastically canted?  Can you get a good
zero?
 There will be someone here shortly who has
fixed a canted sight but as I understand it you don't
have to pull the sight off the barrel to get this done.

Link Posted: 12/11/2003 11:51:02 PM EDT
[#2]
I have not done anything yet. I have read linx310's page (OUTSTANDING BTW...) but it does not address the muzzel device on the wasr-10. My sight is canted enough that I have had to jack the front sight post all the way to the left to get it into the 9 ring, but I feel that if I can fix the cant, I should be able to get her where she should be. She groups very well.

Thanks for any help, Im really getting hooked on these rifles, and I want a Real SAR-1 now,BUt I will more than likely get a SAR-2.

Thanks again....
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 7:12:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Instead of an SAR2 you should get on the SEAK bandwagon.  Since sar2 stopped coming in, the prices are up around 400, and the SEAK is only 650, and will be MUCH better than an sar2.  Don't get me wrong, I love my sar1, but the SEAK is going to be one hell of a good value.
Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top