Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 2/14/2003 9:16:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/26/2003 4:37:54 AM EDT by krinkfreak]
Guys,

Thanks for all the send-off messages. Finally arrived here and getting settled in....

These are a few photos of Tent City. It's enormous and this is the "street" I live on. If you look, the structure in the middle is the "hardened" shelter where everyone runs like crazy to when the sirens start up....

It's hot and already in the 90s during the day. There are pallets of bottled water everywhere. ALWAYS use the first mouthful of water to rinse the sand and grit out of your teeth.

There were sandstorms all day yesterday and went on through the night. Beat the crap out of the tents.

Will post more when I get the chance.

Take care all,

KF

Link Posted: 2/14/2003 9:23:55 PM EDT
Damm KF
if you get the time look for a krinkov and
if you do see one shot the hell out of it for me

may god be with you
KF
Link Posted: 2/14/2003 10:08:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/14/2003 10:08:49 PM EDT by themao]
Hang low KF. Good luck and god bless.
Link Posted: 2/14/2003 10:40:18 PM EDT
Hot and Cold running sand. I hope you at least had a comfortable commercial flight and did not have to ride in a harness seat in a C-141 or the like. They sure moved your ass in a hurry!
Link Posted: 2/15/2003 12:46:16 AM EDT
Flew the rotator (MD-11) out of Baltimore to Rhein Main. Air congestion was so bad in Bahrain, we got delayed and they put all of us (300 passengers) in a Five-Star hotel in Darmstadt. Was nice to have one last night in civilization....Bahrain to my final destination was about fourty minutes.

KF
Link Posted: 2/15/2003 2:26:49 AM EDT
Link Posted: 2/15/2003 2:40:36 AM EDT
Thanks for sharing the pics.

We're all proud of you, but keep your butt down when SHTF. We all want you back here to tell us all those stories.
Link Posted: 2/15/2003 3:27:10 AM EDT
Best of luck, KF! And thank you for your service!

Noah
Link Posted: 2/15/2003 3:43:05 AM EDT
Hey Brother!!!!! Glad to hear you made it okay! Don't forget to check out the local gunshops Just try not to drool all over everything! Stay safe,

Mike
Link Posted: 2/15/2003 3:47:08 AM EDT
Damn I miss living with the Air Force! Bottled water - I bet it's even stored in those refrigerated storage containers. Hmmm - nice cold water! Do you have the shower and laundry tents at the end of the road?

I'm not saying you are - but whatever you do - DON'T bitch about the conditions you live in.

Come back in one piece.
Link Posted: 2/15/2003 3:49:40 AM EDT
Thanks for the pics. Keep hydrated and come home.

I may not have been paying attention; is there a name for this operation yet?

Thanks for serving.
Link Posted: 2/15/2003 3:51:16 AM EDT
Bottled water is available everywhere. Take what you need, etc. It usually stays pretty cool in the tents when we sit it next to the AC blower outlet. The rest of the time we get it from the coolers in the mess tent.

I'm looking as hard as I can to see if Rapid Fire opened a local outlet here....."Jihad Fire"

KF
Link Posted: 2/15/2003 3:54:41 AM EDT
Link Posted: 2/15/2003 4:27:26 AM EDT

Originally Posted By SDavid:
Thanks for the pics. Keep hydrated and come home.

I may not have been paying attention; is there a name for this operation yet?

Thanks for serving.

hn.afnews.af.mil/webpages/images1.html
Link Posted: 2/15/2003 4:48:04 AM EDT
Don't spare anyone. As the saying goes "let God sort them out".
Link Posted: 2/15/2003 6:40:00 AM EDT
Thanks for the up-date KF,take care Man.If you need anything,let us know.
Link Posted: 2/15/2003 7:28:28 AM EDT
Great images of the hood...Our thoughts and hearts are with you. Keep safe and let us know if we can do anything from our end. God's speed.
Link Posted: 2/15/2003 7:37:31 AM EDT
Stay in touch and STAY SAFE!
Link Posted: 2/15/2003 9:14:01 AM EDT
Kick Ass, take no names, and take care.

Everyone appreciates what you are doing.

Thanks
Link Posted: 2/15/2003 9:47:21 AM EDT
Thanks for the updates and best wishes!
And keep drinking water since you do not notice sweat there like you do in Ohio. Don't wait until you feel bad cause then you have alot of cathing up to do.
Link Posted: 2/15/2003 9:50:31 AM EDT
didn't even know you were in the military
Link Posted: 2/15/2003 10:24:29 AM EDT
Take care!

By the way, I miss the photo updates of our AK-74 projects at In Range.
Link Posted: 2/15/2003 10:44:20 AM EDT
KrinkFreak, Thank you for your service, to keep my freedoms. God bless you sir.

I mean that, thank you.

[SALUTE]
Link Posted: 2/15/2003 10:56:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/15/2003 10:57:59 AM EDT by me223]
Look's WARM there! We're buried under at least 8" of snow with another 3 or 4 on the way. There goes the shooting at the F&G..............

BTW, got a kick out of the "Jihad Fire", gotta send that to Todd.
Mike
Link Posted: 2/15/2003 5:37:21 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/16/2003 2:39:19 AM EDT
krinkfreak

Good photos. Good luck.

How often do the sirens scream?
Link Posted: 2/16/2003 7:11:41 AM EDT
I'm sitting here watching the Sunday morning talking-head shows and they are wondering if we are still going to go to war with all the problems with NATO and the International condemnation. Looking at that tent city, there should be no doubts. You don't move a couple hundred thousand people into position to pack them up and come home with a scumbag tyrant still in place.

Troy, you take care of yourself. Believe it or not, a lot of us would probably kill for a few minutes of that warmth... only a few minutes though. Hit 30 below here last night, 10 below during the day, and I went to the range! Got through two mags in the Genghis, errrrr 5.45x39 AR M4 upper and had to call it quits. Wanted to try the Krink but it was just too cold and they wouldn't let me rapid fire anyway so why bother?

God speed!
Link Posted: 2/16/2003 10:41:55 AM EDT
You AK guys are an interesting lot. Most people would put this in the GD, but AK guys put this in the AK Discussions forum.

Not flaming you, just observing.
Link Posted: 2/16/2003 11:33:18 AM EDT
Hey, we are so shunned that we have hide for our General Discussions.
Link Posted: 2/16/2003 11:41:34 AM EDT
Link Posted: 2/16/2003 1:32:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/16/2003 1:33:09 PM EDT by Nick1950]
Tell your mom and dad that there are a lot of people pulling for you.
As a father of 2 sons and a veteran I hope that mine don't have to go off to war. As my grandfather said, "War is not what you think it is. It is a horrible thing. Be careful." He was in the fighting 69th in WWI.
Be careful and may the souls of all who have gone before you watch over you and bring you home safe and sound.
Link Posted: 2/16/2003 2:47:37 PM EDT
Yep. We are a messed up bunch RotDorn, aren't we?

I just don't post over in the AR side or the GD any more, because I get sick and tired of hearing the same old things. I go over to the AR forums, and someone is talking about their M4 modifications or yet ANOTHER SPR configuration. General discussion stays the same too pretty much along the lines of "I HATE THOSE STUPID GUN GRABBING DEMOCRATS!!!!!!!...but we'll support Homeland Security and GWB".

me--->

I just hope the hell Krinkfreak makes it back in one piece, with no residual effects due to those friggin anthrax and small pox vaccinations or whatever petrochemical products might leak into the atmosphere from fires.
Link Posted: 2/16/2003 3:27:12 PM EDT
I hang here because I have been banished from the AR side... apparently I'm too abrasive for them!
Link Posted: 2/16/2003 3:52:48 PM EDT
We all make fun of ragheads. But then,
they wear those things for good reasons.
Protects your head from the sun.
Cover your mouth, ears, and eyes from
sand.
Link Posted: 2/16/2003 4:13:38 PM EDT
God Bless and Good Hunting!
Link Posted: 2/16/2003 8:39:12 PM EDT
KrinkFreak,
Good luck I was at the "Jab" in 95-96
rihyad in 94, and 96
and Daharan in 96
My best friend on the other hand was right where you are at. Are they still issuing the Oakleys?
Good luck I am stuck in the inactive reserves due to stop loss and my AFSC so maybe I will meet up with you there.
John
Link Posted: 2/16/2003 8:57:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/16/2003 9:02:10 PM EDT by Adam_White]

Originally Posted By HiramRanger:
Looking at that tent city, there should be no doubts. You don't move a couple hundred thousand people into position to pack them up and come home with a scumbag tyrant still in place.

Hiram: That place looks like it has been there a while. While I don't recognize it, it looks like one of several places that have been the home of hundreds of rotations of flyboys for years.

Admittedly, there are no doubt plenty of much less pretty tent cities that have sprung up in the deserts futher north - complete with what are no doubt very impressive looking motor pools and flight lines.
Link Posted: 2/16/2003 9:02:45 PM EDT
Adam, I hear ya... wasn't sure which one that was. Don't want to know! From what I understand there has been a flury of activity building many more new tent cities to house our men and women until the balloon goes up. My point was you don't move 150-200,000 soldier, sailors, airmen and marines only to have them turn around and come back. Not with THIS president.
Link Posted: 2/17/2003 1:18:50 AM EDT

Originally Posted By hondajohn:
KrinkFreak,
Good luck I was at the "Jab" in 95-96
rihyad in 94, and 96
and Daharan in 96
My best friend on the other hand was right where you are at. Are they still issuing the Oakleys?
Good luck I am stuck in the inactive reserves due to stop loss and my AFSC so maybe I will meet up with you there.
John

Yes, the Oakleys are the first thing they give you when you come off the aircraft. You talk about sunlight....very painful without them.

Quite a few of my friends did time at Al Jaber in the middle to late 90's. In fact, one of our teams were the first to go back to Al Jaber in '94 when Iraq massed their troops on the border again.

We're packed pretty tight here, but I'll put in a good word for you when the call comes.

Take care,

KF
Link Posted: 2/17/2003 1:30:39 AM EDT
Krink,

Good Luck and god bless. Lord knows I would be there if I could. Cover your a$$, and lets roll over these b@stards.
Link Posted: 2/17/2003 6:55:52 AM EDT
Shit, I have to wear sunglasses in the Northeast on moderately sunny days. Not sure how my overly-photo sensitive eyes would like that. I would seriously have migraines tearing my head apart. That and fat guys hate the heat.
Link Posted: 2/18/2003 1:52:38 PM EDT
first off let me say God bless you and thank you for your service. i want to ask what do you do in the military?
john
Link Posted: 2/19/2003 6:03:29 AM EDT

Originally Posted By 1179:
first off let me say God bless you and thank you for your service. i want to ask what do you do in the military?
john

Link Posted: 2/19/2003 2:33:57 PM EDT
hey krink i don't know where you are at but if you run in to some infantry units from the oklahoma national guard 7th ID "light"

say hello to them they are some good guys.
my brother in law and all my friends are there. they are helping the scud busters.
my infantryy company is on alert to go to turkey to do a job for the scud busters.

anyways stay safe and keep your mask close.
Sgt john gregory.
Link Posted: 2/19/2003 5:48:07 PM EDT
For us, your mask has to within 5 minutes of reach. With the current state of alert we are in....I keep mine real close.

Look me up when you get here!

KF
Link Posted: 2/20/2003 1:09:17 AM EDT
rodger will do
Link Posted: 2/20/2003 7:14:34 AM EDT
KF,

You and all your brethren will be in our prayers until the mission is complete and you are all safely back home! God bless you all and our great nation!
Link Posted: 2/20/2003 6:49:19 PM EDT
I wish I could be there with all of you guys. Thanks for your service and may all of you come home safely.

usa[salute]
Link Posted: 2/23/2003 6:04:06 AM EDT
Oh the memories......when I see those photos.....it really makes me miss the comforts of those tent cities! LOL!!!!

Good luck Krink! Stay low and stay safe!

And most important.......Thank You!
Link Posted: 2/23/2003 9:28:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/23/2003 9:30:53 AM EDT by HeavyMetal]
I got into an arguement with a liberal now ex friend friday.

She said: Bush is so stupid! Why is he after Iraq when we should be dealing with Korea?!? (Knowing damn full well if Iraq did not exist she would be bitching about Bushes response to Korea)

I told her: You don't pack 250,000 troops into your minivan and haul them from Dubai to Seoul.

This is the most assinine, stupid argument against the Iraqi operation I have heard.

It took months and cost billions to move those troops.

She then went into a Tirade about Bush being so dangerous and stupid and how wonderful Clinton made the economy and then I retorted that how she felt about Bush was how I felt about Clinton. She was so insensed she insulted my intelligence and hung up in my ear.

I sent her an email explaining how dissapointed I was in her Childish tantrum.

To hell with the bitch. I am going to cut the dead wood out of my friends list starting with her.

I am sick of hypocracy! F--- the bitch!

FWIW, she is not hot either! No loss there!
Link Posted: 2/26/2003 6:01:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/26/2003 6:05:14 PM EDT by Sam_Rothstein]
^^^ I'd like to qoute Rene Richard after a lecture he gave, "You shouldn't argue with your friends, when they all die you will really miss them." Of course your circle of friends might not include junkies and drug dealers but it's still a good concept. She doesn't like Bush's actions... so what. Life goes on. I'd hate to see you losing friends because of something you have no control over. Sounds like maybe two of you are being childish.
As far as Krink Freak goes, stay safe. Oh yeah, they let you guys use the internet and digital cameras and stuff while you're over there??
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top