Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 11/6/2020 11:07:00 PM EDT
Stumbled into a guy needing to sell a gun collection he inherited. After browsing through some fudd guns and rusty relics, he mentions having an ak that he was thinking about selling also. I had to maintain my composure when i saw the milled reciever and polytech stamp. I ended up buying it,  as i was counting out the cash he mentions he has the original box and all the kit it came with! $300 later im enjoying my nice shiny polytech legend underfolder!!!!! Box was beat up and a couple mags had been loaded, but the rifle looks brand new.  The guy told me he shot it a few times to see if it worked. Im pretty sure it had been unfired up until he got it!
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/6/2020 11:12:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Oh my you lucky duck.  I remember back in the good days having one very similar to it and a SKS. But as usual I traded or sold them can't remember.  Great find my friend.  
Link Posted: 11/6/2020 11:27:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Stumbled into a guy needing to sell a gun collection he inherited. After browsing through some fudd guns and rusty relics, he mentions having an ak that he was thinking about selling also. I had to maintain my composure when i saw the milled reciever and polytech stamp. I ended up buying it,  as i was counting out the cash he mentions he has the original box and all the kit it came with! $300 later im enjoying my nice shiny polytech legend underfolder!!!!! Box was beat up and a couple mags had been loaded, but the rifle looks brand new.  The guy told me he shot it a few times to see if it worked. Im pretty sure it had been unfired up until he got it!
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/414104/20200418_160355_jpg-1672961.JPG
View Quote

You should feel terrible that you stole that.
I'll give you $350.
Link Posted: 11/6/2020 11:32:59 PM EDT
[#3]
In this day and age there are actually people stupid enough to sell a Poly Tech Legend for $300?
Amazing! They were selling for more than 3X that 30+ years ago.
I recently saw a used one sell for over 3K.
Link Posted: 11/7/2020 12:13:42 AM EDT
[#4]
I felt bad for buying a Type 56-3 like new no box for $750 3 years ago.
Link Posted: 11/7/2020 7:08:15 AM EDT
[#5]
I just wish he would have had more nice guns to buy.  It was a fire sale. I should have picked up a couple other things but i wanted to make it out the door before he changed his mind.  He had a rusty m1 carbine with decent wood i almost grabbed to refinsh 150$. A sporterized 1903 300$. 1 nice colt gold cup 1911. He wanted 1200$ for that. The colt and the legend were the only 2 guns in boxes.  Everything else must have been out unprotected in the storage locker. 90% of the guns he showed me were pitted with rust.
Link Posted: 11/7/2020 7:34:46 AM EDT
[#6]
GOOD FOR YOU!!!  That is a terrific score.  I too would be thrilled to get a deal like that.
Link Posted: 11/7/2020 9:09:44 AM EDT
[#7]
holy shit you stole that

the bayonet alone goes for that much if you can find one.
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 12:26:54 PM EDT
[#8]
that is wild..... wow

- Clint
Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top