Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/6/2003 8:05:17 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/7/2003 2:56:25 PM EDT
[#1]
I rented the Dynasystems kit fron WJM and did my SAR-1, then pinned a slant compensator on it, to make it a more authentic AKM variant. He asks $15, not bad considering the kit would cost around $65 with shipping. It worked very well. You will need a good stong vise with some sort of barrel grips for it. Oh don't forget you will need a brake with 14x1 LH (standard AK threads) in order to complete the procedure, whether or not you actually use that brake.

The way it works is you send him $15, then he puts you on a list. Then when your turn comes, the last person before you on the list sends you the kit, you do the deed, then he emails you where to send it to next (next person on list). I believe his email is [email protected]

You might want to email him and ask him to send you his terms as they may have changed, also I don't know if he would have an issue sending it to CA or not, as I don't know what their laws are there. Don't forget it will have to be permanently attached to the barrel to be legal (federal rules) if you are going to keep the pistol grip.

DR
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 4:11:33 PM EDT
[#2]
I've threaded a few barrels, and am curious as to what was meant by the statement "you will need a brake with 14x1 LH (standard AK threads) in order to complete the procedure".
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 5:44:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top