Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/24/2006 11:46:01 PM EDT
We had a little get together last sunday at a local range.  
We shot in the rain and cold and had all sorts of cool stuff to play with.
I had someone take a some video of me shooting my AMD-65 with the custom brake on it,
after i realized that it had quite a bit of muzzle flast to it...

Here is a pic, grabbed from the video.

Has anyone else noticed this much flash in an AK when shooting ??
I just may have to try some night fire with this one!!

KyARGuy

Link Posted: 1/25/2006 5:47:27 AM EDT
[#1]
I would have gone but the weather sucked, wish I had of now...Man that looks like it's on fire from the hand guards to a foot past the muzzle....

ETA: looking at it more that things a freakin flame thrower..
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 6:01:47 AM EDT
[#2]
My AMD puts out a similar fireball with the snake brake attached.  If you really wanna see a fireball, my 5.45 krink SBR withOUT any muzzle attachment is a total fire hazard.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 9:10:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 11:05:52 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Well, which custom brake?

I had a friend with access to a machine shop do it for me. It looks like one of
the Chicom thread on brakes, but it is 4.25" long and is welded on to make it legal length.

Nice bump hold there!
A warm AK is happiness!

Thanks! It was raining quite hard through out the day, and we were shooting from a gutted out hog barn that serves quite well as a range building.  I was just bump-firing it to get the moisture off
the gun...I couldn't think of a better way to dry the rain and moisture off it, or a better way to
keep your hands warm in the cold and damp.

KyARGuy
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top