Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/11/2004 2:47:37 PM EDT
Is the barrel on my Maadi ARM threaded? There seems to be a muzzle nut welded onto the end of the barrel with two welds and I was just wondering if dremmeling the welds, and taking that off would expose threads.

Thanks
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 2:51:08 PM EDT
[#1]
HECK YEAH ! Repeat after me, "Dremel is our friend".
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 2:55:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Anyone know what type threads it has on it?
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 2:59:25 PM EDT
[#3]
14mm x 1mm LH = standard AK threads !

Post AWB zip it twist it off and screw on the new slant compensator.

Remember , the threads are Left Hand so left is tight , right is loose. (opposite of normal threads)
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 3:07:51 PM EDT
[#4]
We pulled the nut off my friends WASR and all the threads had been turned down. The barrel diameter was .500. I guess he can thread it 1/2 x 28 and use AR stuff.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 3:18:45 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
We pulled the nut off my friends WASR and all the threads had been turned down. The barrel diameter was .500. I guess he can thread it 1/2 x 28 and use AR stuff.

If that's the case on my ARM, and I do use AR stuff, I'd assume that you would have to open up an end of a '74 style comp for it to clear the 7.62mm bullet, correct?
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 3:23:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Maadis are Maadis and WASRs are WASRs

There are 14 mm x 1mm LH threads on your ARM.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 8:46:17 PM EDT
[#7]
One less question, do I need 7 more US parts to do this or does that only apply if/when I get rid of that dumb thumbhole stock?
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 12:47:39 AM EDT
[#8]
If you are going to have a compensator (why else would you uncap the threads??) you need 6 US parts.

stock
pistol grip
forends
gaspiston
hammer
trigger
disconnector
muzzle device
mag body
mag floorplate
mag follower

these seem to be the most common swapped - needed - parts pick 6 of them and you're good.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top