Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/19/2004 5:29:01 AM EDT
I just found out about this Bulgarian flash suppressor: www.k-var.com/product.asp?0=216&1=234&3=574 and since recoil is already so mild w/the 5.45 do I keep the AK-74 brake on my SEAKs or do I get the flash suppressor just for S&G and to piss off the anti's?
Tomac
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 5:34:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Ah get both....
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 6:24:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 6:27:22 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
the original ak74 brake is cataloged as a "flame extinguisher".

not that the 5.45 needs much of a 'brake', i still prefer it for full auto fire. that...and i ain't very 'tactical'. i do not shoot at night and i actually enjoy the fireball my rifles make.

Thanks, Campy! I was leaning that way anyway since the flash from the '74 brake hasn't bothered me before but now I have a tactical light on my SEAK for use in our night matches and was wondering if I'd see any significant/practical difference between the muzzle brake & flash suppressor.
Tomac
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 7:47:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 8:19:15 AM EDT
[#5]
I have that suppressor on my plum and wood stocked 74's. The side folder is wearing the 4-piece krinkov supp. that is displayed on the same page. If someone wants to post pics for me, you can see how "EVIL" they look. On a side note it seems my check for gold membership is setting on someone's desk, MIA or maybe I'm not worthy of being a member.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 8:23:38 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Ah get both....

Ok, Now what?

Link Posted: 9/19/2004 8:26:47 AM EDT
[#7]
Is there a perceptible difference in recoil between the muzzle brake and flash suppressor? Much difference in muzzle flash?
Tomac
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 8:42:16 AM EDT
[#8]
The recoil between the two is really no different, the only thing I have really noticed is when shooting under trees the leaves are blown around a great deal with the FS when it pushes the gasses up rapidly. I have not shot them at nite as my "lease" won't allow shooting after dark. But with as much force as the leaves are blown around I would assume it's a very effective flash hider. I will have to go shoot around dusk and just see what happens...
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 8:42:54 AM EDT
[#9]
Nice guns Kevin....
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 9:11:15 AM EDT
[#10]
Thanks, I revived them from the dead myself...
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top