Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/11/2003 9:00:06 PM EDT
Just put the precise innovations adapter and 74 brake on my SAR. Here's the deal, comes with 4 set screws for the adapter and the brake threads on. I indexed it, soldered it and re-finished it. looks great and will never come off unless i want it too. Now it has K-Var OD green furniture, RSA FCG, Kobra red dot and the gun kote fnish. Coming together sweet.
Link Posted: 8/11/2003 11:59:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Have a link to Precise Inovations?  Others might be interested in this product.

Link Posted: 8/12/2003 5:30:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/12/2003 5:52:44 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
dynasystems-ltd.com/

Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/12/2003 11:49:47 AM EDT
[#4]
I hate to be a spoiler, but the break in the link is vry different from the military break.

It is very similar to the pin-on break made for the MAK-90.

The break is much shorter and does not have the long expansion chamber of the military model.  The ports in the break are also arranged differently.

RS39 and I did an unscientific test on the MAK break and the military break.  The MAK type break shown was about 1/2 as effective as the military style.
Link Posted: 8/13/2003 7:04:53 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I hate to be a spoiler, but the break in the link is vry different from the military break.

The break is much shorter and does not have the long expansion chamber of the military model.  The ports in the break are also arranged differently.

RS39 and I did an unscientific test on the MAK break and the military break.  The MAK type break shown was about 1/2 as effective as the military style.

Yeah, uh, who cares? Are we in the Romanian military?
Link Posted: 8/13/2003 8:32:23 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, uh, who cares? Are we in the Romanian military?

Link Posted: 8/13/2003 9:04:13 AM EDT
[#7]
Sorry if I offended your fragile eggshell of an ego.  I just wanted to point out that this product was not as effective as the military breaks.

The price is good for the product though, and if it will stay on, it should be a nice alternative.
Link Posted: 8/13/2003 1:21:08 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Sorry if I offended your fragile eggshell of an ego.  I just wanted to point out that this product was not as effective as the military breaks.

The price is good for the product though, and if it will stay on, it should be a nice alternative.

First of all, I doubt you could harm my ego with your plethora of AK knowledge. Second, what I was getting at is that this is a nice option. Furthermore and I could care less what anyone says, although brakes look cool, they do nothing but make a gun louder and less accurate. Third, nothing will stay on with set screws. Mine is silver soldered on, the adapter and brake. This is your only hope of it staying on. Now, can't we all be friends.

By the by....I soldered mine on and indexed it and it looks cool, regardless of what it is.
Link Posted: 8/13/2003 1:31:37 PM EDT
[#9]
I misunderstood your tone.  Easy thing to do on the internet.

I was going to mention that you weld or solder it on.  This will reduce the loss of accuracy.

Link Posted: 8/13/2003 1:56:53 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I misunderstood your tone.  Easy thing to do on the internet.

I was going to mention that you weld or solder it on.  This will reduce the loss of accuracy.

That is the problem with the internet. The tone is always so hard to tell. We need a special code word or something. Try the brake though with the solder it looks really good.
Link Posted: 8/18/2003 6:55:21 PM EDT
[#11]
I put on my SAR2 a AAOK copy of the Soviet AK74 muzzle brake a couple of years ago . it has the 4 set screw set up and  Was Verry tight to put on to begin with, USEd red locktite  and JB weld to cover  the set screw holes, spray painted the brake with  greyish color spray to match pakerrized finish on rifle . This brake will Not  come off as plenty of shooting has shown. You cant find the AAOk AK 74 brakes anymore. Too bad.
Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top