Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Polish
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 6/11/2008 3:39:09 PM EDT
Is it possible? As I understand it there's no way to use a side rail mount so what else could I do? I'm thinking about buying one, I haven't decided on a Century or an Interarms yet but I was wondering if there was any easy way to mount a red dot?

Also while I'm at it is there any 20 round mags for the gun? I can own 30 rounders in MD but it's a pain to get them legally.
Link Posted: 6/12/2008 12:11:13 PM EDT
[#1]
So no one has any idea if it can be done? Will standard side rails work?
Link Posted: 6/12/2008 12:40:31 PM EDT
[#2]
bump. I would like to know myself
Link Posted: 6/19/2008 3:10:45 AM EDT
[#3]
I've got the Interarms Tantal with a MPK2 side rail mounted (http://tantal.kalashnikov.guns.ru/).  Interarms builds do not come with the selector on the left side of receiver. I'm pretty sure the century doesn't have it either. There was a company that did have it (non-functional) but I dont remember who it was. Get the Interarms, reports are that the Century uses US barrels and some are key-holing.
Link Posted: 6/19/2008 4:40:57 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I've got the Interarms Tantal with a MPK2 side rail mounted (http://tantal.kalashnikov.guns.ru/).  Interarms builds do not come with the selector on the left side of receiver. I'm pretty sure the century doesn't have it either. There was a company that did have it (non-functional) but I dont remember who it was. Get the Interarms, reports are that the Century uses US barrels and some are key-holing.

The newer Century Tantals do have the left side safety, and a US barrel.

A "Beryl" style mount is the best option for optics.
Link Posted: 6/23/2008 6:35:23 PM EDT
[#5]
What does the Beryl mount look like? Where can someone get it?
Link Posted: 6/25/2008 9:31:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Hello,
I recently tried a Top Cover tri-rail mount I ordered from CDNN. I put it on my Romy Ak-47 and it worked great. Accuracy was good enough for what you can expect from a red dot at 100y. I assumed since it worked on the Romy it would work on my Tantal but it didn't. The button to release the top cover plate was just a hair too big for the after market rail plate. I didn't notice it was not clearing the hole completely. As a result i had lots of stove pipes at the range. I plan on grinding the hole bigger and testing it again. The other mount that was suggested in this thread is nice but if you fire corrosive ammo it will require removing the stock screw every time. Then again, im open for suggestions myself. I'm not too happy with the one i have at the moment.
Link Posted: 6/25/2008 12:22:01 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

This Krebs Beryl style mount is similar to Polish Beryl mount.
There are major differences between the two in the attachment method.

Link Posted: 7/2/2008 11:59:24 AM EDT
[#8]
I ordered a $11 side rail from copes.  there has to be some way of attaching it.  waiting for it to arrive.  
Link Posted: 7/14/2008 6:39:52 PM EDT
[#9]
This is my Tantal with Ultimak / Aimpoint C3 2x

I'm hoping to add CAA stock and Ultimak under soon.  The finish is moly resin Flat grey.

I still need to buy a sling too
Link Posted: 7/15/2008 5:01:08 AM EDT
[#10]
so, how well does it shoot with that ultimak/aimpoint combo?
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 10:55:53 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
so, how well does it shoot with that ultimak/aimpoint combo?

I'm siting it in this weekend   I'll make a post for it  thx for asking
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 4:04:45 PM EDT
[#12]
height=8
Quoted:
height=8
Quoted:

www.krebscustom.com/RawPhotos/3-15-07/RearSightRail.jpg

This Krebs Beryl style mount is similar to Polish Beryl mount.
There are major differences between the two in the attachment method.

Where do you get that top rail cover?  Brand?

Thanks,

-ThaChad
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 10:31:04 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 4:42:04 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Polish made rail -
img228.imageshack.us/img228/972/dsc01401nm8.th.jpg</a>

I really like those, i saw you selling yours for $100 cheaper than the krebbs.  I did notice some differences, like keeping your irons.

I just zero'ed my Aimpoint/Ultimak combo without any hitches.  Very cool combo, i know i will be bying one of these beryl style mounts soon for one of my Aks.
Page AK-47 » Polish
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top