Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/13/2005 8:27:17 PM EDT
I recall reading in the past that mounting optics such as ACOGs , Aimpoints and EoTechs are a problem due to lack of mounts that were made.
I am looking at both a AR and a ARM in 5.56mm.
What are my options?
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 2:04:59 PM EDT
[#1]
For an ACOG you can use the AR15 "channel" type mount.

If you wanted to mount an Aimpoint or Eotech, you could use the same thing with a picatinny rail mounted in the channel, but the optic would be excessively high and you wouldn't have any cheek weld.

IMI made a picatinny mount that replaces the gas tube. I used to have one on my Valmet, it works but it makes disassembling the rifle a little harder. Biggest problem with it is that you have to have the optic mounted so far forward.
Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top