Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 8/16/2006 5:44:52 PM EDT
It fired like a nice solid trigger without any slap or play, and no hollow sound like on an SKS either. How can I tell what kind of trigger it has? Rifle was made in 1981 according to serial number. It's solid and seems to shoot pretty well but I want to know what type of FCG I have in case of problems in the future.

I have two AR-15s (Bushy and RRA) and am accustom to tight fits and well-machined parts. Now having to get used to the "that's just an AK" answers about fits and finishes.

What should I look out for down the road? Given the renown reliability of the AK, I hope not much ... but there are a lot of gas piston rods being sold out there. A potential problem area?

Link Posted: 8/17/2006 11:51:59 AM EDT
WASR-10 came with 2 types of US made FCG: Tapco G2 FCG and Century FCG.

Tapco would stamp the logo right on the trigger.

Century would mark theirs with a tiny "C".

The gas pistons, that you see, are factory originals. This is not a problem or weak point of an AK. Federal Law required that foreign made "assault rifles" can only have 10 foreign parts in them, the rest must be made in USA.

Typical US made parts in WASR-10 are: Gas Piston(1), Pistol grip(1), FCG(3), muzzle compensator(1).
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 11:07:04 AM EDT
MMMHHHMMMMM!!!!!! He's RIGHT!
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 3:32:04 PM EDT
My GP Wasr-10 came with a Tapco G2 FCG...... You should be able to see the name on the FCG........... Look close.............
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 6:47:20 PM EDT
Found it, TAPCO. Thanks. Is that the spring down there, that snaky looking thing?
Top Top