Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 3/14/2006 4:00:43 AM EDT
Am going to play with my SLR95 in 3 Gun matches for a while and find that the standard AK pistol grip is way to small/thin to control the weight of the rifle when I turn it sideways to do a reload.

I see several aftermarket pistol grips for AK's out there but none of my local shops carry any of them in stock so I have to mail order.

Questions? :  does anyone know of any of the aftermarket grips that WILL NOT fit my Arsenal SLR95?

Which , IYHO offers the most control / grip of the weight of the rifle while moving / running , etc?

Thanks for all help.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 4:45:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Personally, I like the Galil grip.  It feels good and doesn't look too out of place.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 4:55:49 AM EDT
[#2]
I hate to say it but the Tapco SAW pistol grip fills my hand the best and offers excellent control.  Another one that comes very close is this one, but don't forget to get the longer screw as the standard ones are too short.  However, it is a non-USA made part so if you were using the PG as a compliance part you will need to add a part.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 5:10:47 AM EDT
[#3]
tdi makes an ergo grip that might work well for you

but i think the best would be a saw grip

and to answer your question
the only grip i know of that wont fit your slr is the saw grip LOL

not to worrie tho you can make it fit it just takes some mods
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 6:48:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 7:13:16 AM EDT
[#5]
+1 for the SAW grip

Also a Yugo M70 grip will fit and is better than the standard AK tiny grip in feel and "filling the hand".  Use the Yugo screw I thinks it's longer than the standard screw.

Link Posted: 3/14/2006 7:28:46 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

So the SLR95 has a different pistol grip screw nut compared to the SAM5?  B/c the SAW grip goes right on w/o modification to my SAM5.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 2:07:05 PM EDT
[#7]
must unless they have changed the saw grip design

Link Posted: 3/14/2006 4:07:21 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

but i think the best would be a saw grip

and to answer your question

not to worrie tho you can make it fit it just takes some mods

Please explain.
I sure like the SAW grip.
Why will it not fit a SLR95?
What do I have to do to mod it to fit?
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 4:18:20 PM EDT
[#9]
if i remember correct

the grip needs to be opened up on the inside
so it dosnt hit the pg mounting plate (not shure actual name)
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 4:22:40 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
if i remember correct

the grip needs to be opened up on the inside
so it dosnt hit the pg mounting plate (not shure actual name)

Thanks for a quick reply.
Is this something I can do with a dermil or simply tool?
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 6:35:32 PM EDT
[#11]
When mounting one on an M70 you must remove a bit of material inside so the washer plate can slide back along the spot it sits on.  This is needed to have the grip forward surrounding the trigger guard.  And then perhaps just a bit removed inside the top of the grip to clear the grip nut plate rivets.  The SAW grip has a wider footprint on the receiver which helps with 1mm receivers.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 7:42:01 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I hate to say it but the Tapco SAW pistol grip fills my hand the best and offers excellent control.  Another one that comes very close is this one, but don't forget to get the longer screw as the standard ones are too short.  However, it is a non-USA made part so if you were using the PG as a compliance part you will need to add a part.

Dose K-Var sell the longer screw? what size dose it need?
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 11:42:24 PM EDT
[#13]
i modded the wife's dildo to use as a pistol grip.  definately fills up the whole hand!
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 12:00:11 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 12:05:07 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
i modded the wife's dildo to use as a pistol grip.  definately fills up the whole hand!

Link Posted: 3/23/2006 12:15:13 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Personally, I like the Galil grip.  It feels good and doesn't look too out of place.

Ditto.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 5:44:47 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Dose K-Var sell the longer screw? what size dose it need?

yes :

4 1/2 grip screw
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 7:48:37 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 3/23/2006 11:37:43 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

whats funny is that your wife uses a dildo and not you. [points] ha ha!

Link Posted: 3/23/2006 2:31:06 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Do the balls keep your hand from slipping off the grip when bump firing??
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 4:10:06 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

USELESS WITHOUT PICS!!!!!!
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 6:13:13 PM EDT
[#22]
The TDI ergo grip is the most comfortable grip I have held, but alas it is made in iarael......SO its not a compliance part!
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top