That's hot.

Link Posted: 9/20/2005 7:38:20 PM EDT
Group buy?
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 7:58:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/20/2005 8:00:05 PM EDT by BiggerStick47]
Mk19

SWEET
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 7:59:21 PM EDT
holy frickin crap!!! how would one feed such a contraption. i dont see a lot of 40mm on the market.

the first time the new owner cleans it he will realize he has more money than brains. what a PITA. but a damn good time.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 8:28:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/20/2005 8:31:13 PM EDT by Real_estate_salesman]
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the weapon is completly unregulated, it's the ammo that's regulated, right? I also believe that if you use non-anti-personel ammo that is also unreglated, right? Will 37mm work in this? Who is going to be making 80% receiver?

I would like to fire parachute flares with it. Or star burst rounds. All my neighbors have flare guns, so my place gets kinda wild, one neighbor burned my hay field, the other neighbor burned a tree.

ETA; what are you going to be asking for it.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 9:23:10 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 10:15:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/20/2005 10:19:54 PM EDT by coltshorty14]

Originally Posted By Real_estate_salesman:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the weapon is completly unregulated, it's the ammo that's regulated, right? Thanks.

Your wrong.. It is a Automatic Weapon, and a Destructive Device.. Pretty much useless unless you build it semi only, or have a C2 license.. The only thing I can't remember is if it is a 2 stamp gun?? There is only 1 transferable MK19, and it was for sale some time ago.. Can't remember how many stamps it held, but I don't think a DD can also be full auto without out a seperate stamp.

As for the ammo being regulated.. Anti personell and rounds with over 1/4 ouce explosive charge are regulated. You can buy as many training and flare 40mm rounds as you wish without stamps. You can also buy HE rounds but it will cost yah the $200 DD stamp for each one.. OUCH!!
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 10:24:39 PM EDT

Originally Posted By coltshorty14:

Originally Posted By Real_estate_salesman:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the weapon is completly unregulated, it's the ammo that's regulated, right? Thanks.

Your wrong.. It is a Automatic Weapon, and a Destructive Device.. Pretty much useless unless you build it semi only, or have a C2 license.. The only thing I can't remember is if it is a 2 stamp gun?? There is only 1 transferable MK19, and it was for sale some time ago.. Can't remember how many stamps it held, but I don't think a DD can also be full auto without out a seperate stamp.

I've seen VN era "tonk" guns being sold with no special paper work, I'm not sure you even had to go through a FFL? The 37mm guns say as long as you don't use anti-personel rounds they are classifided as non-firearms. If you make/posses anti personel rounds EACH one must be taxed as a DD. I think I've seen single shot G launchers sold as "non firearms" so the fact that it is auto is like saying air soft is class three. I'll research it a little more.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 10:41:59 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 10:50:22 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Templar:

The Mk. 19 is a two stamp weapon......full auto and a destructive device.

It cant be both in this case, it is a machinegun and subject to a tax if transferable.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 10:52:14 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 11:35:46 PM EDT
can't see pictures...
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 2:19:03 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 2:29:55 AM EDT
tag
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 3:10:37 AM EDT
Neat, but basically useless.

Unless you custom manufacture the ammo, you will not be able to fire it anyway.

While the chalk filled training rounds for the M79/M203 can be purchased commercially, they are not interchangable. The M79/203 round is low preasure round, while the Mk19 uses a high preasure round (plus they are linked). In military, I have never seen chalk rounds for the MK19.. Dont even know if they even out there. Always just fired the standard HE rounds.

While one could purchase the actual HE rounds (in theory), you will never find any for sale.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 5:42:58 AM EDT
I want to know when the M1 Abrams parts kits show up?
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 5:49:02 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Stottman:

While the chalk filled training rounds for the M79/M203 can be purchased commercially, they are not interchangable. The M79/203 round is low preasure round, while the Mk19 uses a high preasure round (plus they are linked). In military, I have never seen chalk rounds for the MK19.. Dont even know if they even out there. Always just fired the standard HE rounds.

While one could purchase the actual HE rounds (in theory), you will never find any for sale.

The practice rounds for the MK19 have flash powder in them. It's enough to make a visible explosion in daylight at 1500 meters, that much I DO know. You wouldn't be able to see impact with chalk rounds.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 7:51:23 AM EDT

Originally Posted By modog:

The practice rounds for the MK19 have flash powder in them. It's enough to make a visible explosion in daylight at 1500 meters, that much I DO know. You wouldn't be able to see impact with chalk rounds.

Hmm, interesting.. . I wonder if they would be considered a DD also..
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 7:56:12 AM EDT

Originally Posted By modog:

Hmm, interesting.. . I wonder if they would be considered a DD also..

I don't KNOW for sure, but I don't think they are. I believe they have less than 1/4 ounce of powder. I base this on the fact that a C2 manufacturer I know has one, and I have seen the practice rounds lying all over his shop. If they were DDs I'm sure he would account for them more closely.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 8:23:58 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 9:46:54 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 4:24:32 PM EDT
All I want to know is when Wolf will make cheap ammo for them
Top Top