Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 12/31/2002 1:52:31 PM EDT
I was browsing through my favorite gunstore recently when I was offered what I think was a pretty good deal. One post-ban milled Bulgarian AK, nicely parked w/walnut furniture, and a pre-ban Norinco with a fixed stock (a 56, I believe). Both rifles for $1100.

I really liked the Bulgy. Probably the finest looking AK I've seen to date. I really wasn't impressed with the Norinco. It was, well, an average looking Norinco that seemed like it should really be worth closer to $200 than the prices I've seen on them recently. But still, for $1100 I thought it was a great deal even if I sold the Norinco. I asked if they would set them aside for me overnight, and I'd have a decision in the morning.

Bad news. The owner of the store caught wind of the deal and he nixed it. The guns were out on display for - get this - $1500 EACH.

I just about cried.

I really like the employees here, and the selection, but most of the guns are vastly overpriced. I still go here because occasionally I get a steal of a deal. For example, a pre-ban NIB Springfield Armory SAR-48 Bush model (FAL) for $1200 with all access and 20 mags. Or a pre-ban PWA AR-15 with a collapsable stock and 16" Bushy flat-top varminter upper. $625.

A few other interesting guns collecting dust there... a HK91 with bipod for $3500. A SW5 PDW for $2000... the list goes on.

Any Minnesotans want to guess which place this is? No doubt someone will get it right away.

Link Posted: 12/31/2002 2:18:05 PM EDT
[#1]
He who hesitates is lost.
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 2:30:40 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
He who hesitates is lost.

Yeah. Not trying to flame ya Bunkerboy, but damn....
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 2:32:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Flaming wasn't my intention.  I too have hesitated and been lost, most notably on an M16A2 for $6,500.
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 3:56:30 AM EDT
[#4]
You're right! I didn't have much time to work with though. I walked in about a half hour before closing, and I didn't have my wallet with me. No ID, no credit card, no purchase permit (needed for "assault weapons" in MN).

Maybe I can convince the owner that a post-ban milled AK is only worth about $700 new, and that he should give me the used Bulgy for $400-500. Worth a try, but I doubt he'll budge from his $1500 price tag.
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 6:29:33 AM EDT
[#5]
What the hell.
If I had all the guns I should've bought I'd need two more gun safes.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top