Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/3/2005 8:37:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/3/2005 8:40:55 PM EDT by Brettb19]
My obsession of the week... aka the Micro Galil. This was my first full-auto gun to shoot a few months back and I just LOVE the way it looks. So the quest begins....

Has anyone built a micro-Galil? Got any pics to share? Info on receiver/parts kit/builder ?

I'm thinking of using an Ohio Rapid Fire receiver, sending in a Form 1 to get it registered as a Short Barrel Rifle and then having someone (who?) build it up from a parts kit (have one of those, and its pretty damn new/unissued) or selling the parts kit and buying a BRAND NEW micro galil from a Class 3 dealer who will just torch-cut the receiver and sell me every other little part.

I tried searching the site, but didnt see any mention of the micro galil... and I need someone to talk me into or out of it Try to steer me to the dark side... all of my AR15's need a new toy in the safe with them
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 6:00:24 AM EDT
Your wanting to take a transferrable FA Galil and have someone torch cut it to make a SA Galil parts kit? Stick your head in the oven with the oven on high, please.

First a transferrable FA Galil is going to cost you at the very least $10K and perhaps double that. Your going to have to pay that even if someone destroys it because that is what it is worth.

Second, it would be cheaper to have ORF take one of their parts guns and modify it to your needs. Or have them make you one.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 7:22:12 AM EDT
actually its a post-86 dealer/law enforcement sample... total wasted cost of gun = $500 and he can get as many more as needed.. I'm well aware of the Class 3 world and the $$$ involved (hence my Colt M16a2, Mac 11/nine, Gemtech supressor, Colt SBR, Benelli entry shotgun, and a couple of other toys in the works)

I'm not a moron, and if I could find a TRANSFERABLE full-auto gun I could afford at this point, I wouldnt be wasting time building a $1500-$2000 semi-auto gun. Please remove your head from that oven now, moron.

I've seen the ORF receiver for the micro galil and I may see the easiest way/best way to go about it... Its just hard to decide without ever seeing one, hearing great reviews about it one time, and the next guy bashing on how worthless the receiver is.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 8:48:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/6/2005 8:56:57 PM EDT by jimtash9]
I'm building a Micro SBR or I should say having it built but mine will be on an IMI receiver instead of the ORF. If I had known that ORF was coming out with a Micro receiver then I would have waited for it but I planned this about a year before so I was stuck with the IMI. Anyway, it won't have the Micro stock on it but it will have the left side charging handle and top cover which I understand is sort of a rarity and if oneday I do find someone to modify the rear to take the Micro folder, then I will definitely have that done. I'd also like to ask you about your parts source and if he can sell me the stock and hardware off of a Micro?

As far as you're concerned, I'd definitely go with the ORF because that's pretty much the only game in town if you want an authentic copy.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 12:08:46 AM EDT
Jim,

Got any pics of your build?

I'm kinda busy/out of town for the next 2 -3 weeks... IM me and I'll get you the contact info for the couple of guys I know that can get the micro parts.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 11:39:17 AM EDT
I got an ORF micro reciever and a complete (minus folding micro knuckle) micro kit. Once the knuckle gets here I will be sending it to IGF. This has been one hell of an ordeal and after all the shit I have had to go through to get the parts, I'm not even sure I want to go through with the project. If I can't find a knuckle, then I will have to build it as a pistol since Jayson said that is the only part he can't fabricate. Just figures...

Link Posted: 9/30/2005 11:04:01 AM EDT
The idea of getting all the parts together to et a 'prefect' build is too much... My new project is going to be an SBR'd Bulgarian Krink in 5.45x39. I'll have all the parts by middle of next month, then pay the stamp, THEN find someone to put it all together.

Same as the Micro Galil... an EASY $2000 to get into a gun done right.
Top Top