Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 12/8/2003 4:24:35 AM EDT
I went to the Small Arms Review Show in Phoenix this weekend. K-Var/Arsenal had a few tables set up and were there selling parts. Really nice guys, would completely answer any questions you asked.

I told them I wanted to change the FSB on my SA M-7s to the threaded type and to pin on the AK-74 style brake. They advised me against doing this. They said the 74 brake needs to be about 1.5 times larger to accept the added gas of the 7.62x39 cartridge. They said they had done testing and that accuracy fell of dramatically using 74 brakes with 7.62x39. Their advice was to wait and hope that the ban expires and install a flash hider designed for 7.62x39 or to leave it alone.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 4:53:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 5:29:23 AM EDT
[#2]
I understand that turbulence can shift the bullet. But my brake from ak-103.com works very well and does not even change the point of impact at 100 on my SAR1.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 8:09:25 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm looking at a picture of the brake on the AK-103 and it does appear that it might be scaled up.

kalashnikov.guns.ru/models/ka126.html

Does the one from ak-103.com look like this?

Thanks
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 8:37:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Great, I decide not to go and K-var shows up.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 2:25:48 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I'm looking at a picture of the brake on the AK-103 and it does appear that it might be scaled up.

kalashnikov.guns.ru/models/ka126.html

Does the one from ak-103.com look like this?

Thanks

NOt quite as long as that one; you can see them on their site. Of course, other baffling/porting may be in play. Mine is very much like a Bulgy 5.45 model with a 7.62 hole.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top