Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/25/2004 6:06:57 PM EDT
Im a noob to AK so if these are stupid questions bair with me. Where can I get a good AK-74 kit? Ive been looking at k-var are they any good? Can you use an AK-47 reciever for an AK-74? How much does it cost to have ORF build it if i provide kit and reciever? And why does it cost $200ish to have In Range or ORF to build it? thats about it. Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 6:33:34 PM EDT
[#1]
you ask a lot of questions
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 6:42:35 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
you ask a lot of questions

thats the only way to get ansewers.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 9:08:39 PM EDT
[#3]
KVAR is top notch.  Kits can be found a little cheaper here and there, but KVAR won't do you wrong.

I don't have direct experience in building one, but I believe you can use a 47 receiver to build  a 74.  There may be some mods necessary, and if so I am sure someone will speak up shortly.

As far as to why  it costs 200+ to have ORF, In Range, etc. build one...Well, it is similar to why you pay a mechanic 45+ an hour to work on your car.  They have the experience, the tools, and (usually) they back their work up.  Buying the necessary tools alone will get you close to 200 without factoring labor.  Yes, I know many of you have built without investing that much yourselves, but  I would think you would agree that if you didn't invest in the tools, you at least had enough mechanical know how to get by without...
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 2:58:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 5:07:05 AM EDT
[#5]

Well, it is similar to why you pay a mechanic 45+ an hour to work on your car.

Can you trust a mechanic that only charges 45.00 per hour?
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 6:21:08 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 7:58:48 AM EDT
[#7]
I think Akron Armory a site sponser has kits too.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top