Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 10/11/2004 3:00:20 AM EDT
How hard is this. I have an underfolder that is welded open and would like to make it functional. It looks like I can cut the welds with a dremel. It will obviously ruin it and I will replace it but will I have to get inside the receiver? It has 2 big button head socket screws for center on both sides. Has anybody done this before?
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 6:03:05 PM EDT
[#1]
It shouldn't be hard to do.  You are probably missing the hardware inside the rear trunion that allows the stock to fold, hence the buttonhead bolts.  You should get a replacement underfolder kit, which will have the missing parts and simply replace it.  I can guide you through it, as I have two of them; one Chinese, and one Polish.  They are slightly different in parts configuration but operate pretty much the same.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 4:43:57 PM EDT
[#2]
"After further review" it looks like the rear trunnion was just a plain one that was cut off and then a plate welded on the rear. This may not be doable without tearing the whole rear of the receiver apart. I tried to get a onderfolder kit like the one that is on there but everybody is sold out.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 6:13:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Once you find a kit you should be able to transfer the necessary holes from the kit's trunion to your receiver.  You shouldn't have to do anything to the rear of the receiver.  Your other option would be to replace the rear trunion with the one from the kit.  Depending on how it is fastened to the receiver this may or may not be a feasible way to go.  If you can transfer the holes accurately then it is a matter of drilling 3 holes on each side for the latching hardware.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 10:01:42 AM EDT
[#4]
Would the stock kit from a AMD65 work? Have 2 of those coming.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 4:29:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Hey Gunny, I have an underfolder stock that I would be willing to part with if you need one. It works and has all the parts with it (except the trunnion). If your intrested I can send you a couple of pics. I gave $20 for it at a gun show I'll take that for it plus what ever shipping is. Let me know if your intrested. Reply to
 [email protected]

P.S. I even have one of those silly wire side folder stocks that come on the AMD 65 that I'll just give to you.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 4:34:36 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 4:33:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks LtRon but the trunnion is mainly what I'm after. If the ones I have coming don't work maybe I can find something this weekend at the Wannemacher Show.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 6:40:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Global trades should have the trunnion
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top