Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
1/22/2020 12:12:56 PM
Posted: 10/11/2007 9:44:03 AM EST
I want to replace the black polymer furniture on a SAM7 with an OD Green furniture set. Of course the rifle has a milled receiver, so, of course, I need a lower handguard that's cut for it. Unfortunately, K-Var is out, as is everyone else, who get them from K-Var. However, I just heard a rumor that you can buy a stamped set and file down the polymer tab that inserts into the front of the milled receiver, similar to the way you file down the wood tab on the lower handguard for a Krink to make it fit.

Has anyone made a "stamped" lower handguard fit a "milled" receiver by filing it down? If so, please share.
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 4:08:24 AM EST
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 6:32:26 AM EST
Thanks for the specs. If K-Var doesn't get any milled sets within 2-3 weeks, I think I'm gonna give it a try with a stamped set.
Top Top