Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 2/28/2018 8:46:05 PM EDT
I just bought my first AK. It’s a Romanian RH10 sold by century arms. I was looking around on the web for some good mags and came across something about 922r saying you can’t use foreign mags in some guns because of the amount of imported parts on a gun. Is this true, or can I just use any mags I find online. This may be a stupid question but I just want some clarification.

Thanks
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 11:23:33 PM EDT
[#1]
You should worry more about catching the clap from a toilet seat in your own home than violating 922r.
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 11:31:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 11:46:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You should worry more about catching the clap from a toilet seat in your own home than violating 922r.
View Quote
Well that an answer that should get the point across
Link Posted: 3/1/2018 8:59:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lol yeah thanks. I got it loud and clear
Link Posted: 3/1/2018 9:15:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Sorry boys. The whole 922r thing gets me going.
Link Posted: 3/1/2018 10:07:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Isn't the RH10 the one with the side rail that's higher than normal, so optics sit higher unless you get a lower mount?
Link Posted: 3/2/2018 8:06:07 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Isn't the RH10 the one with the side rail that's higher than normal, so optics sit higher unless you get a lower mount?
View Quote
Yes, RS Regulate has a mount specifically for them.
Link Posted: 3/2/2018 10:34:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Yes, RS Regulate has a mount specifically for them.
View Quote
Thanks for the info. I didn’t know that
Link Posted: 3/3/2018 2:34:19 AM EDT
[#9]
here's the thing OP. if you buy a gun like the RH10 from an importer, it's ALREADY 922r compliant. what the deal is, is that an imported gun can have no more than 10 foreign parts (from a list of parts, of which an AK has 16 on a stamped with a threaded barrel, and 15 for a milled or one without a threaded barrel). So what you need is 6 (or 5 for the milled variant or one without a threaded barrel, like a SAR-1 or a Mak90) U.S. parts. there's a whole list, but the furniture, the trigger assembly (counts as 3 parts, and 99.999% of imported guns use that as an easy way out) and an american mag counts as 3 parts (follower, floorplate and body). IFFFFFFFFFFF your gun only had a few parts on it that were domestic, then you'd need to use mags to make it 922r compliant (if you're worried about it) but guns from the factory already have the parts in the GUN changed out to where it's already compliant no matter the mag you put in. The HR10 has the trigger assemly (3 parts), the stock, the pistol grip, AND the foregrip are domestic, giving you the six parts you need (it might have 7 if they use a tapco slant brake like the wasr)....

but the thing is. 922r really only applies to importers, not owners so put it out of your head and just shoot your gun
Link Posted: 3/18/2018 8:38:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

but the thing is. 922r really only applies to importers, not owners so put it out of your head and just shoot your gun
View Quote
I just replaced the thumb hole stock on a MAK90 and have been shopping triggers.  This statement is comforting.
Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top