Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/20/2003 12:22:38 PM EDT
I have one Chinese mag and the rest are Polish.  In my converted Saiga, the Polish mags wobble frightfully.  The Chinese mag, OTOH, exhibits very little wobble.

(A) Are the Polish mags going to be a problem?
(B) Are Chines mags known to be "fatter"?
(C) Is ther ea source fo Chinese mags in good shape?
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 7:41:08 PM EDT
[#1]
I notice tighter fit to a small amount of wobble between mag manufactures and different AK rifles. Tolerances are different from here to there. I would try shooting them before you rule out the polish mags, but you may have a much more pronounced wobble than I have seen. If it is Chinese mags you want, RPB had some brand new for like $7 each.
http://www.rpbusa.com/magazines.html
Link Posted: 10/30/2003 10:23:18 PM EDT
[#2]
In my AK's

I really cant tell much difference between the Chinese mags and the Polish,Romanian or E. German mags.

I know the Chinese mags I have are newer so maybe that could me it?

Link Posted: 11/5/2003 6:09:34 PM EDT
[#3]
I own a Saiga with out dimples and Chinese and Romanian mags fit with the same or less wobble then the Romanian SAR-1s with dimples.

Don't ask me to explain, that's just how it is.
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 8:23:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Anyone have a pic of these mag
dimples?
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 3:23:27 AM EDT
[#5]
They're on the outside of the receiver M4, they're above the mag well on either side and just dimple in a little bit. I'll get a pic tonight when I get home from school. Just look at any standard AK pic and you'll see them.
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 11:11:03 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
They're on the outside of the receiver M4, they're above the mag well on either side and just dimple in a little bit. I'll get a pic tonight when I get home from school. Just look at any standard AK pic and you'll see them.

Ahhhhhh!

I see what your saying. For some damn reason I was thinking of a strange AK magazine with dimples. I wasnt thiking of the AK itself.

Link Posted: 11/13/2003 8:14:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Steel mags wobble a bit in my WASR-10, with no dimples.  Waffles and the Polish synth fit like a glove, waffles being very tight gloves.  Romanian drums lock right up and don't wobble and if whatacountry can determine my billing address and ship address are different I will get my Chinese drum to check also.
Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top