Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 8/27/2004 8:55:01 PM EST
(a) No person shall assemble a semiautomatic rifle or any shotgun using more than 10 of the imported parts listed in paragraph (c) of this section if the assembled firearm is prohibited from importation under section 925(d)(3) as not being particularly suitable for or readily adaptable to sporting purposes.

(c) For purposes of this section, the term "imported parts" are:

(1) Frames, receivers, receiver castings, forgings or stampings
(2) Barrels
(3) Barrel extensions
(4) Mounting blocks (trunions)
(5) Muzzle attachments
(6) Bolts
(7) Bolt carriers
(8) Operating rods
(9) Gas pistons
(10) Trigger housings
(11) Triggers
(12) Hammers
(13) Sears
(14) Disconnectors
(15) Buttstocks
(16) Pistol grips
(17) Forearms, handguards
(18) Magazine bodies
(19) Followers
(20) Floorplates

So by the looks of this, both trunions are counted as one piece. Is that the way you all interpret it? I am having a US wood grip made to match the stock set and I will be adding a US made muzzle break and I have US floor plates and followers as well as a US FCG. Do you think I will be OK? Here is a pic of my Maadi with a polish stock set I got from a member of another board. I like to keep it authentic as possible looking. I am hoping I can keep this stock and foregrip and not need to change the piston.

Link Posted: 8/28/2004 3:13:02 AM EST
I'm not good enough to tell what you started with.

I do know that the MISR model, (dual stack pistol grip version.) came with Century's U.S. made FCG, and a U.S. made follower and floor plate which gave that particular combination (5) parts.
But you were stuck with just that one magazine, and some here believe that if you were even in possesion of other non U.S. magazine's you were in technical violation.
My personal belief is that at a minimum you should replace that black P.G. with a U.S. made one, and a U.S. gas piston. Of course a better FCG, and a U.S. "muzzle thingy" would be great addition's to the list.
Let us know how you end up.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 8:47:49 AM EST
You'll be adding (6) US parts?

If so, you should be okay.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 3:11:09 PM EST
Looks nice! I love the Polish laminate stocks.
Top Top