Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Egyptian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 3/28/2006 11:26:37 AM EDT
Does any one know where to find these items? Found 2 bayonets last week in AZ. Guy wanted 200.00 each for them.  I am trying to finish off 2 very early maddi ARM'S. Serial number 29 and 38. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 4:53:26 AM EDT
[#1]

Guy at the Indy show has the Black Egyptian grips  $5 ea but the brown are scarce.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 5:22:37 PM EDT
[#2]
thanks for the tip. i am starting to think none are out there(brown).  im not familiar with this show ; where and when is it?
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 4:41:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Quarterly in Indianapolis Indiana, go to www.ak-47.net and serch "Egyptian pistol grip"
I may have left his contact information on there somewhere.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 6:26:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Thank you sir.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 4:39:55 AM EDT
[#5]
www.aa-ok.com has the Egyptian Black also.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 6:59:04 PM EDT
[#6]
I found your post on ak-47. Called the guy. He is fresh out of brown  but does have black. I have a black one on the gun now but it is screaming for its original brown grip. If i can figure out how to post a photo i will. I think you will like it. It is a Styer underfolder, serial number 38 .All matching parts,Maadi logo, egyptian crest, complete with arabic on left side of trunion.Any one know how many of the underfolders made it in before batf stopped them? I have been told only 200 were imported but you knoe how those stories go.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 7:01:12 PM EDT
[#7]
I found your post on ak-47. Called the guy. He is fresh out of brown  but does have black. I have a black one on the gun now but it is screaming for its original brown grip. If i can figure out how to post a photo i will. I think you will like it. It is a Styer underfolder, serial number 38 .All matching parts,Maadi logo, egyptian crest, complete with arabic on left side of trunion.Any one know how many of the underfolders made it in before batf stopped them? I have been told only 200 were imported but you know how those stories go.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 3:41:15 AM EDT
[#8]
I've never heard that Styer imported any underfolders.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 11:09:02 AM EDT
[#9]
According to two of the books i have, the first 1500 rifles imported by Styer were recalled by batf for "adjustment" when it was found that the only thing that was missing was the auto sear and pin. All other parts were original, unmodified configuration. Styer had to grind the bolt carriers and selectors and send them back to customers that had already purchased the weapons as well as correct the remaining ones in stock. Of this 1500, approximately 200 were underfolders of the russian pattern. these weapons can be IDed by arabic inscriptions according to legend. After reading and hearing about this for years i found one in a local gun shop and bought it . I dont know if the story is true but it is a very nice gun and the price was right.If anyone can shed light on this stoy, please do so . I can only verify in print the part about the recall and that some were indeed underfolders. The rest is just good gunshop legend.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 11:56:54 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
According to two of the books i have, the first 1500 rifles imported by Styer were recalled by batf for "adjustment" when it was found that the only thing that was missing was the auto sear and pin. All other parts were original, unmodified configuration. Styer had to grind the bolt carriers and selectors and send them back to customers that had already purchased the weapons as well as correct the remaining ones in stock. Of this 1500, approximately 200 were underfolders of the russian pattern. these weapons can be IDed by arabic inscriptions according to legend. After reading and hearing about this for years i found one in a local gun shop and bought it . I dont know if the story is true but it is a very nice gun and the price was right.If anyone can shed light on this stoy, please do so . I can only verify in print the part about the recall and that some were indeed underfolders. The rest is just good gunshop legend.

The Egyptians never made any underfolders period.. Since the begining, they have made side folders.. There were about 20 of these imported by a smaller importer during the early 80s.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 12:05:44 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Where are you reading this?  I'm kind of a Maadi fan and I've never heard anything about underfolders, ever.   Got pics?  Not saying you're wrong, but...  
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 12:31:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Post pics
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 5:55:51 PM EDT
[#13]
Kalashnikov  rifles and their variations by joe poyer.See chapter on egyptian weapons. Mr poyer is the most recent writer to my knowledge to document maadi underfolders. Im not saying joe is correct just that he has printed it.I'm only stating what i have heard and read and have in my safe. If its a fake it is a very good one.pictures forthcomming if i can figure it out.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 6:01:10 PM EDT
[#14]
A little help guys? Where should i send my photos on the web?
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 8:49:39 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Kalashnikov  rifles and their variations by joe poyer.See chapter on egyptian weapons. Mr poyer is the most recent writer to my knowledge to document maadi underfolders. Im not saying joe is correct just that he has printed it.I'm only stating what i have heard and read and have in my safe. If its a fake it is a very good one.pictures forthcomming if i can figure it out.

Joe Poyer's book is about the worst out there.. The guy cant even find an AK with rivits to use for photographs.. You are going to trust him with new and unique info?

The book seems like it was written by someone that only had basic knowledge of the subject, and basically just copied/made stuff up for the rest.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 2:54:57 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
A little help guys? Where should i send my photos on the web?

I haven't used them (I use a pay site) but this place offers free hosting.

photobucket.com/
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 10:44:53 AM EDT
[#17]
Thank you Mr. Wulf, i will get to it as soon as possible.
Page AK-47 » Egyptian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top